• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC - button to trigger Bootstrap modal on webpage. Bootstrap Modal.

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just started using Animate CC. I’ll try to give you as much information as I can and see if anyone has any answers.

I’m trying to make a presentation in Animate. It is embedded on a website using an iframe.

The website is using bootstrap as a framework.

So I want to use the built in popup overlay that bootstrap uses to popup when you click on a button in my Animate presentation.

Normally I would just use this code to implement an overlay modal in an html page:

<!-- Trigger the modal with a button -->

<button type="button" class="btn btn-info btn-lg" id="myBtn">Open Modal</button>

<!-- Modal -->

<div class="modal fade" id="myModal" role="dialog">

<div class="modal-dialog">

<!-- Modal content-->

<div class="modal-content">

<div class="modal-header">

<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal">&times;</button>

<h4 class="modal-title">Modal Header</h4>

</div>

<div class="modal-body">

<p>Some text in the modal.</p>

</div>

<div class="modal-footer">

<button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">Close</button>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<script>

$(document).ready(function(){

$("#myBtn").click(function(){

$("#myModal").modal();

});

});

</script>

Here is a functional example of it as well: Bootstrap Modal - Tryit Editor v3.3

I've tried using the "mouse click event" code snippet to see if I could alter it so it could be used but I must be doing something wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone could show any examples about how I would go about triggering the modal.

Let me know if I'm missing any information.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

yes.  you can use:

this.link1.addEventListener('click',f);

function f(){

$("#myModal").modal();

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you'll need to overlay the element to which you want to apply modal() because the objects in animate are not dom elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code you type in the actions window in a Canvas document is pure, unfiltered JavaScript (backed by the CreateJS library), so whatever code you normally use to make whatever happen should work just as well whether or not Animate content is present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clayuuid. Thanks I guess I must being doing something wrong with the javascript and getting it to trigger the bootstrap modal. I've been looking online and can't seem to find a good example to learn from. Do you have any suggestions for websites to look at? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, i think you'll need to overlay the element to which you want to apply modal() because the objects in animate are not dom elements.

ie, you'll need to add your modal element to the html published by animate and apply modal() to it.  you won't be able to apply modal() to a canvas object (eg, movieclip).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bree403  wrote

Hi Clayuuid. Thanks I guess I must being doing something wrong with the javascript and getting it to trigger the bootstrap modal.

Well, what have you been doing to try to trigger it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set the target attribute to _parent, the hyperlink will open in the web page that is holding the iframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@@@@@@@@@@I was using a code snippet called “Mouse Click Event”. I figured it was a good place to start.

This is the code that it adds to the actions keyframe:

/* Mouse Click Event

Clicking on the specified symbol instance executes a function in which you can add your own custom code.

Instructions:

1. Add your custom code on a new line after the line that says "// Start your custom code" below.

The code will execute when the symbol instance is clicked.

*/

this.link1.addEventListener("click", fl_MouseClickHandler_10.bind(this));

function fl_MouseClickHandler_10()

{

// Start your custom code

// This example code displays the words "Mouse clicked" in the Output panel.

alert("Mouse clicked");

// End your custom code

}

link1 is the name of the button that I’m using as an example as you can see.

I changed out the alert(“Mouse clicked”); to ("#test").modal(); and test is the name of the modal that I created.

I then export it as a Javascript/html files and then upload it to my website for testing.

But when I try to click on it when I’m testing it on the website it gives me a TypeError: “#test” .modal is not a function

I’m obviously missing something or maybe a lot of things. I’m pretty new to anything javascript. Ha. I’m just usually able to change a few parts of it to make it function how I need it to work… usually.

ClayUUID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is test the id of a dom element or the name of an animate object (eg, movieclip)?

if it's a dom element id, your reference is incorrect and if it's an animate object (as mentioned a few times) that won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there any situation that think would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.  you can use:

this.link1.addEventListener('click',f);

function f(){

$("#myModal").modal();

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help everyone. Works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines