Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC can't open

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when I open Animate CC when "Loading document templates". After, there are two errors that say that the folders "RootDrive\InstallationFolder\Adobe Animate CC 2018\Common\Configuration\Document Types" and

"RootDrive\InstallationFolder\Adobe Animate CC 2018\Common\Configuration\Publish" are missing and then the workspace opens but with a black screen. After it finishes off with the closing of Animate.

|    Some types of the native documents can't be loaded because the directory   |

|    "directory" has been modified. For resetting the document types, redo the     |

\ | /  Animate CC installation.                                                                                        \ | /

Animate1.PNG

|    Some types of the native documents can't be loaded because the directory   |

|    "directory" has been modified. For resolving the problems, redo the               |

\ | /  Animate CC installation.                                                                                       \ | /

Animate2.PNG

And then the black screen...

Animate3.PNG

And after 1 to 3 seconds it goes away.

Please help, I want to learn how to animate but if I don't have the program how can I do it?

P.S.: I already did the reinstallation but without success like two times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have a non-standard installation.  how did you install to D:\lolololol?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the default directory to that folder in the Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are those folders present?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\<version>\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC <version>/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/<version>/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it! (without success)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking care of the initial troubleshooting. Please contact the support team using the link I shared above and let them know that you have done the preliminary investigation and nothing has come of it. That way, you will not end up performing the same procedures all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need help after trying the suggestions above, I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care. Contact Customer Care

Select Creative Cloud All Apps, select Additional Apps, select Adobe Animate, and keep going until you get the option to chat with us or call us.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, the same thing is happening to me, but only in the 2018 and 2019 versions. The 2020 version is completely okay. I tried everything mentioned and the

RootDrive\InstallationFolder\Adobe Animate CC 2018\Common\Configuration\Document Types and

RootDrive\InstallationFolder\Adobe Animate CC 2018\Common\Configuration\Publish folders exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do think it has something to do with the first run files because that's when the error pops up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines