• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC JS ES6 support

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Animate CC support ES6 JavaScript fully or just ES5?

Moreover, Joseph Labrecque, mentions in a 2016 article that Animate CC is a “language agnostic application”.  However, I do not understand how that is the case since, if that is true, Animate CC should be able to support any version of JS, as soon as such a version became available. I am certainly not an expert but I do not think this is the case.

Please explain. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the question. Animate in HTML5 mode generates JavaScript code to run its animations. Why do you care what language features the generated code uses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was probably not clear enough. I am referring to the JS version I can use in Animate. So, can I use JS ES6 while developing in Animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any code you type in the Actions window in an HTML5 Canvas document is passed straight through to the browser. Animate doesn't cross-compile it, optimize it, or touch it in any way.

So if you don't mind your pages crashing in 10% of all desktop browsers, sure, go nuts with ES6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines