• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC swf files after December 2020

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I use animate CC 2020 to create actionscript 3.0 programs which I publish as swf files.
These are almost all educational programs which I use to teach my relatives mathematics using zoom.

I have three questions please, as I understand that the flash player will not be supported after December 2020

A) After 2020 can I continue to create swf files which I can then play on my computer, not in the browser?

B) After 2000 will the swf files played on the computer, a macbook, continue to be transmitted using zoom?

C) If the answers to both the above questions are in the affirmative I will continue to use swf files as I am used to actionscript 3.0 and can produce effective and more appealing educational swf files. 

If this will no longer be possible after 2020 are there some resources to help me convert the actionscript 3.0 code to javascript so that I can publish the files as html canvas and keep the same functionality and interactivity as much as possible (I know that some features like 3D rotation are not supported on canvas)?

I learned basic javascript and css but find it difficult to change the code from actionscript 3.0 to javascript, even though the codes looks similar.

Thank you
Kirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) yes

b) contact zoom

c) yes.  there are many js tutorials and info that you can find using any search engine.  further, there's a js helper library that animate uses (easeljs) that you can search-out for even easier (in many situations) coding.  there's no worthwhile "auto" (as3 to js) converter of which i know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Much appreciated

Regards

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines