Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Crashing and Asset Warp tool is weird

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I was working on lesson 5 on Adobe Animate Classroom in a Book and encountered some problems. First whenever I click on the icon for the more tools panel, Animate crashes. It happens every time and I'm not sure why. It's okay right now because I just use the keyboard shortcut but do you know why this may be? 

Also when I tried using the Asset Warp tool it looked really different from the book and also acts slightly different as well. Is this a new update or is it something else? I also noticed that when I first click with the Asset Warp tool the images get really blurry and there is a really quick pop-up window. (sorry the second picture isn't the best and picks up the screen light I had to take it with my phone)

Both the computer and Animate are completely up to date.
TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your animate preferences and see if the crashes stop. ie, remove

Win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\<version>\

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Animate CC version>/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/<version>/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I'm not really a tech person. How do I remove those two things from my mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you should ask someone a little more comfortable with computers for help.  that isn't a difficult task, but you need to be careful to not delete incorrect things.

p.s. read @arvind_bv's request, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a short screen recording of the crash with Animate version details? It will help us investigate on the same. You can share at abv@adobe.com

Animate converts the vector shapes to Bitmap while rigging for a better warping experience. So image quality might degrade based on the size of the object. To retain the vector quality while rigging please Disable “Auto convert vectors to bitmap for better warping and tweening” under the Preferences->Drawing tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines