• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate HTML5 Google Ad getting ClickTag error

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I created a few HTML5 banner ads at the beginning of the year with Animate CC. They have been running on Google just fine; however, recently, Google has changed their requirements and now my ads are getting this error message:

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 12.26.21 PM.png

and

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 12.30.16 PM.png

I'm not very good when it comes to coding, so if you know the answer please speak plainly. LOL. I've searched for the script in the message, but it never found anything. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've been using Google Web Designer for a few months now and I can't remember a lot from Animate, but my client still wants these ads to run. Help!

TOPICS
Ad development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already have the answer:

If your HTML5 is from other tools, please remove the ExitApi script from the <head> section of your index.html file.

After removing this script tag, your entire ad will be clickable. You can leave the button but any click on the ad will take the user to the landing page.

The script would be in the head of the HTML file, not in Animate.  You might be using a HTML template that someone shared in these forums, so you could edit the template to remove the script, reimport it, and republish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply.

However, when I search my HTML file for "<script src="https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/pagead/gadgets/html5/api/exitapi.js">"

I don't get any results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you send a link to your file I can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going to make fun of me....I am not sure I even did THAT right...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwpMrorcvxg31pYr_w2FiDKEz_f3Y5zSTozfz4WS4xraTaGg/viewform?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use Google Drive, Box, or Dropbox to share the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make the links public.

1. At the top right, click Get shareable link.
  2. Next to "Anyone with the link," click the Down arrow Down Arrow.
  3. Copy and paste the link in an email or any place you want to share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file is fine; it doesn't have the ExitApi script.  The error must be from a different ad.

I just checked that one using the Adwords HTML5 Validator to be sure, and it's fine.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 1.10.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I'm going nuts. I knew it wasn't in there, but when our Digital Ad Strategist uploads them to Google, she gets that error message, even though it passed when I tested it on the HTML Validator. So I'm back at square one. I guess I will start a discussion on a Google forum.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How and where do you add a clicktag? Can you please list step by step. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines