Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Not Exporting video

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, long time Flash user here,

Struggling with Adobe Animate CC suddenly not exporting an .mov. It says it does, and it takes a really really long time like it does, but after it finishes, no file is made, Media Encoder doesn't open...nothing happens.

This all started when Premiere suddenly stopped importing the audio of video files and I had to clean the media cache, and maybe I did something wrong because no programs think others exist, and Animate won't even export video properly now.

I'm in a real bind, please send help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Hi - Are you on a Mac and having the latest Media Encoder installed (15.4)? If yes, there is an issue with the latest update of Media Encoder that it is not recognising the call made to it. Please install Media Encoder version 15.2 and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your computer may not have enough resources (eg, memory) to complete the operation.  confirm by creating a simple animation and testing your steps to create a mov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, it went through the process insanely quickly, but it did not either create a file or open Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same the problem . Bought latest Mac Pro. still the same problem . spend so many hours. can't upload my Animation. terrible!!1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Are you on a Mac and having the latest Media Encoder installed (15.4)? If yes, there is an issue with the latest update of Media Encoder that it is not recognising the call made to it. Please install Media Encoder version 15.2 and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, 15.4. How do I install an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html to install a previous update / version any creative cloud application.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you are a champ. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  hope the new version fixes this I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to just export a video from Animate. I know I complain on here a lot but my lord Adobe. So many bugs. On 1 year old mac. No other problems, everything is up to date. I have been able to do some great little animations with Animate as long as I avoid 3D and motion tweens. Sorry music is way loud on this version but it came out well https://cwiens.com/confluence-social/v3/confluence-1080x1080-animated-social-world-v3.mp4 Getting Animate to export has been horrible. Either nothing happens at all or it acts like it is sending it to ME and nothing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe animate is now not even showing the export progress. I export/ Export Video/Media and nothing happens. I have spent a good 3 hours just trying to get my project exported now. Tried everything in this forum, worked for a couple hours Friday. No longer working again this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@curtiswiens As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is an issue with latest version of AME (ver 15.4) because of which we are facing some of these issues. Please follow below steps & check if that works -

1. Close both Animate and Media Encoder if open.
  2. Uninstall Media Encoder (15.4).
  3. Install 15.2 version of Media Encoder from Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  4. Launch Animate & try exporting video again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Sukhesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sukhesh, 

I tried all the things you suggested, and Media Encoder was launched, but nothing happened after that. The only way I was able to get it to export as video/media was to create a new file, copy and paste each layer, leave all the layers and the file unnamed (I read this tip elsewhere). While it's a work around, it's a huge issue, especially when there are more layers to copy and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lindafromla , Is it file specific or happening with any fla file you create?

Could you please share a sample fla file with which you are unable to export video?

Thanks! Sukhesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that problem and found that if I do the following it works:
Media Encoder needs to be open in the background
Animate file must be saved before trying to export as .mov
playback head must be on frame 1.

This worked for me.

Of course, your results may differ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PinClock @curtiswiens @lindafromla @ropit57 

This issue has been addressed in the latest Animate update 21.0.9 released today. Please update your copy of Animate & AME to the latest using Creative Cloud Desktop application to avail the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note: adobe updates get rolled-out to users at different times over a period of several days.  if you don't see an update in your cc app, wait.  it will appear within a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Animate 22.0.1 and Adobe Media Encoder 22.0 installed on my Mac. When I try to export a video, I get a message that says, "The required version of Adobe Media Encoder is not installed or the installation is damaged. Please reinstall." I've reinstalled AME twice--first keeping preferences and then again without keeping them. I've reinstalled Animate. I've restarted the Mac. I just can't get Animate to export a video. Do you know if the previous issue is back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to Animate 22.0 let me export the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra, How many apps from Creative Cloud have you installed in your setup? A screenshot of 'Applications' directory of your setup showing all CC apps would help investigate faster.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for following up. It's not necessary now, though. With Animate 22.0 (instead of 22.0.1) and Adobe Media Encoder 22.0, I was able to export video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution (using both Animate v22 and AME v22) worked for me as well, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues as OP. 
Exporting video/media are not working even with installing previous versions.
Animate shows the progress of it trying to export into Media Encoder but nothing shows up on AME.

No matter what settings I use to export it into different formats it just doesn't really do anything.

Currently on Animate 22.0 and tried versions up to 15.4 for AME.

Only way I've been able to work around this is exporting the individual frames then putting it into After Effects which works with Media Encoder just fine when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Have you tried with latest AME version 22.0?
2. Do you see any error in the app while exporting? Would like to know where exactly export stops working - kindly share a screenshot.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate just wont queue into AME 22.0. It just opens the application and nothing happens. There isn't an error or pop up diaglogue from either applications that indicate anything went wrong either. 

Currently on a Macbook Air with an M1 chip, for context. 
I can try on PC at a later time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines