• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated custom pattern brush effect

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to create an animated custom pattern brush effect through a line. The end result would be a colored line either red, blue, green, etc. Arrows or carrots (pattern brush) would show movement through the line.

I am hope for an extremely easy and quick way to use this brush on different lines that bend, have angled turns, etc. 

Anybody know an easy to create thr animation? Can the brush animate in run time? Hope this makes sense.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 1.31.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video is very helpoful for creating the brush. The Adobe documentation is very vague. 

The other part was if it is easily possible to have the brush animate, have the arrows easliy move across the line in runtime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example of the lines and arrows. Again, looking for an easy way to animate the arrows over the lines in Animate or better yet Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to animate the brushes, I don't think you can. But you can animate the arrow by drawing out the line them making the arrows into symbols and animating them within the line. you can turn the it into a motion path. Like this tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I168ctM5CmI

See if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While it's easy to create a custom pattern brush or use one of the pattern brushes that ships with Animate, it's nearly impossible to animate the pattern within the stroke itself. You'd have to create a looping pattern animation and mask it along a stroke or brush path. I know that's pretty vague but I've also needed to create this type of animation and I end up having to spend hours finding workarounds. It would seem to be an easy technique but in reality, it's pretty difficult. I'll revisit this and try to find a way.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines