• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animated symbols with own timeline not showing on main stage timeline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to animate and would love some help.

I have added motion tweens to symbols in isolation from the main stage, they have their own timeline that does not show in the scene's main time line. The animation appears to work when I go into Control, Test Movie however the animation it will not export to a video (just get an image). This is an image of the main timeline:

Leonie5C1F_0-1667858239892.png

Individual symbol timeline:

Leonie5C1F_1-1667858486838.png

How do I get the symbol timelines to play on the main timeline?

Is there a way to export to an mp4 as is?

TOPICS
Import and export , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

It must be a Movie Clip symbol that isn't playing, right? Use a Graphic symbol as that is bound to the parent timeline and will play back within Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

change movieclip to a graphic symbol.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 5.28.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be a Movie Clip symbol that isn't playing, right? Use a Graphic symbol as that is bound to the parent timeline and will play back within Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change movieclip to a graphic symbol.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 5.28.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, i've converted them to symbols but they still don't have their own timeline when i double click on them 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they must, ALL symbols have their own timeline. Double-clicking or right clicking is Edit in place.... which should bring you to the symbols timeline IF it is indeed a symbol.

Try checking out this 7 mintues video that teaches you about Movie Clips
https://youtu.be/KaRZtkDcCpw

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training
In this video you will learn Create Looping animations by using a MovieClip Symbol What you learned: -------------------------------- * A MovieClip symbol has its own independent timeline that loops over and over * A MovieClip can be used as a container for an animation * MovieClips only play when

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of symbol?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, saving them as a grarphic object has done the trick 🙂 They where movie clips.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have spell checked  before pressing the button 🙂 *graphic *were 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad you were able to work it out!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you ur a lifesaver!! (been working on my project, stuck on the fact that my movie clip isn't animated in the scene!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines