• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation inside a MovieClip not playing when published in html5

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make it a graphic clip, the nested animation plays on the stage in Animate but not when I publish it.

Is it that nested animations are not a thing in html 5 or maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Fixed. I had a tint on my MovieClips preventing the animation from updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're missing something.

are you testing from animate, or are you clicking the published html, or are you uploading to a server and testing from the server, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I published to html and it has the same behavior once unploaded to a server. I would expect the 4 cirlcles to play, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Here is a ling to the fla:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ytdXRZ72vLS6WzxUwRhP-U7W0Yn098kH?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't download and fix files unless i'm hired.  and this is a problem you can probably fix yourself.

open your browser's developer console when testing and check for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed. I had a tint on my MovieClips preventing the animation from updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure of that explanation but i'm glad all's well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that if you add Tint, Brightness or Advanced Color Effects to a MovieClip containing an animation, it will just display the first frame as a bitmap when published in html 5. There aren't any  error on a browser's developer console, but the Animate Output says "Color effects are published as a filter and subject to the same limitations."

Thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know.  i'll have to test that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see some inconsistent and unexpected behavior but in none of my tests did the movieclip (motion tween) animation fail.  most often the color effect failed when added after the tween was created.

but sometimes the color effect (if added in frame 1) was successfully added and the animation played as expected.

i never successfully added a color effect after frame 1 of the motion tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a tint on a MovieClip containing a tween won't work. This was the problem. However, you are right: adding a tint on the tween inside the MovieClip works as long as it's on the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, i would be surprised if adding an effect to a movieclip that contains a movieclip would work no matter what type of animate project (though i don't think that would break the animation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines