Animation is Lagging in the software and after export

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ive got a simple animation of stickman

And though it is set on 25fps by default

the player only runs at 16-18fps making the animation look choppy

even after export it still looks sloopy.

Im using adobe animate 2022.

Please help.

Ive uploded the actual fla file ive been working on, please help me solve this problem.

TOPICS
ActionScript , Ad development , Error , How to , Import and export , Other , Performance , Publish package , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the actual file video output

Even the background frame is not held in -place, in the animator however its in place..i even need help with that thnx,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attachment is not a video, it's the SWF runtime and as such you're also able to see contents outside the stage.

If your SWF matches or exceeds your screen resolution, UI elements from your operating system (like windows taskbar) will force the flash player to open at a different screen ratio, stretching it at the sides.

How to fix this? Set your stage at a smaller size like 720p (1280 x 720 px) which will make the flash player window smaller, giving it enough room play at the proper screen ratio. Then export at a higher resolution when you're finished.

When you actually render it to video, like an MP4, no frames will be dropped since the encoding is frame based, the stage margins will also be properly clipped so you won't see any objects outside the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frames should either be 24fps or 30fps. Try that. Also maybe do a restart to clear your memory and make sure you have all the requirements within your system to run animate. https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

If that doesn't work uninstall the software and reinstall it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25fps is actually UK standard tho (PAL) - it wouldn't be the cause of poor playback performance 🙂

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be your system specs - specifically your GPU. Try going to View > Preview Mode > Fast. Also try making your stage smaller by using the drop-down in the upper right corner where you'll see a numerical percentage. Or use Command/Ctrl - and that will help playback inside of Animate. The frame rate while working is only a target for Animate to try and maintain. This isn't pre-rendered fixed-frame format until you literally export it. A published SWF is also a good way to test your frame rate. Just remember the bigger the objects moving, the more objects moving simultaneously and use of masks, will all contribute to slower playback inside of Animate. Since you are experiencing performance issues with minimal motion, I suspect your system may be under-powered...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got a 64bit 1 gb gpu direct x 11

With 2.4ghz 4core processor

8gb ram

And ssd, is this enogh tho ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those specs are great actually. You said you uplaoded the FLA but I see no link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There it is.. thanks for taking out the time for dealing with my problem...

So there are 2 scenes and both of them are very sloppy and laggy

plus one more thing

In the animator timeline my bg picture is fit to frame

but when the final video is exported the image gets smaller and white as u can see, shouldnt it just zoom in with the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for my late response - I was traveling. 
So that is the SWF, not the FLA. That means it's still difficult to solve your issue but from what the SWF shows, I can provide some insight:

1. You are seeing outside the stage area in the SWF, because the SWF doesn't crop the stage. If you export to video format, it will.
BUT! When I opened your SWF it went fullscreen on my retina display. That means your stage size is probably 4k. Also, you are panning/zooming a bitmap image. I suspect that PNG image is a very high resolution...? Animate has a tough time with high res images and 4K sizes unless the vectors are relatively simple.
If you play your SWF and then manually scale the SWF player down to a small size, you'll see your animation playback smoother the smaller you make the player. This is a limitation of your GPU trying to render your animation in real time. Export to MP4 to get a better feel for the timing. But I really recommend resampling your background image first in Photoshop and re-importing to Animate to make thigs easier on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines