Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple sidecar drawing issue with Animate

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

babypopdipstick_0-1637599515909.jpeg

can we PLEASE get a fix for the start of a stroke getting a big dot when using sidecar?

TOPICS
Missing feature , Performance , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could actually be more of a Sidecar support issue than an Adobe Animate issue as Sidecar was designed to extend Mac OS as an extra monitor with touch support. Apple Pencil users can use it as you know but subtle features such as pressure senstivity and tilt can alway be tricky. Does this happen in other applications or just Animate? I don't have Sidecar so I can't test it. Does Sidecar offer a control panel for such features?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sidecar actualy doesnt work with touch as an input- the apple pencil or the mouse connected to your computer are the only inputs. I tested it out, and it also happens in Photoshop though a bit less noticeable. I've seen this issue with tablet PC users and adobe made an update to fix it-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/animate-cc-drawing-bug-for-windows-10-tablet-pc-u...

so I'm not entirely sure if this is Adobe or Apple. Sidecar unfortuntely does not offer a control panel for senitivity and tilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Can you test if this happens with not only the Brush tool but also the Fluid Brush tool? Also, do you have any other tablet drivers installed such ads Wacom or Huion or XP-Pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if the Drawing section in Preferences might help?
Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 12.30.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens with the fluid too- I've been trying to play around with the drawing settings- its maybe 5% better when recognize shapes is off. I have a Wacom driver installed- I'll try uninstalling them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe tried https://astropad.com/? It works really well for iPad pro. 

You have to pay but it works great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines