• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not playing at all in the Timeline

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been trying to solve this problem for weeks at this point with no avail.
I'm running the latest version of Adobe Animate, '(Animate 24.0.4)', updated a few hours ago.

Here's the steps I've been taking to import and use my audio files.
1.  File > Import > Import to Library. I've tried multiple .wav and mp3 files, all producing similar results.
2. When in the library, I drag said file into the stage, and add frames for the audio to play in the timeline.

3. Press play. No matter it starts from the first frame, scrubbing, or in different parts of the project, nothing plays. I've also tried changing between Event and Stream multiple times.

Also a note below.
- In other Adobe windows, such as Test Movie, Export, and testing audio files in their Properties, all those audios seem to work fine. The issue seems to lie in the actual Animate window itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

There have been multiple reports by people experiencing this issue over the last few years.

It seems that many of them have OBS installed and it somehow changes the system settings affecting Animate IDE playback.

There could be other causes, but no one seems to have come up with an easy fix.

You may end up having to reset Windows.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may explain my issue. I'll look into OBS or its setting changes shortly and see if I can find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new fla

import a 44.1khz mp3

add sound to main timeline 

make sure sync is stream 

scrub timeline 

any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to prove the same issues; like I said in the other reply though I'll tinker with OBS which seems to be giving my Animate trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines