Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank screen

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I am a new student for Adobe animate and have been looking everywhere for answers! so if you guys can help me you'd be a lifesaver! So I am making an advertisement for a class it is for the new Legend of Zelda game I have the logo on a different layer and have it on hit I have also published the setting for Image asset (per the professor's instructions) and when I tried putting the code snippet for it to link it to a url for the nintendo website it is a blank screen I have set it up as a button and as a movie to try to see if it would work and nothing please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when your logo is either a button or movieclip, you needed to assign it an instance name (in the properties) panel.  then you need to assign code (as3 or javascript/easeljs) to have it respond to mouse events.

so:

1. html5 or as3?

2. button or movieclip?

3. what's the logo's instance name

4. what's your code?

5. what's debugging (compiler errors for as3, browser developer console for html5) show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is is html5

it is a button to link to the nintendo website or supposed to 

it says it needs an instance name unsure how to fix 

here is the code: 

/* Click to Go to Web Page
Clicking on the specified symbol instance loads the URL in a new browser window.

Instructions:
1. Replace http://www.adobe.com with the desired URL address.
Keep the quotation marks ("").
*/

button_3.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_3);

function fl_ClickToGoToWebPage_3(event:MouseEvent):void
{
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.adobe.com"), "_blank");
}

and this is what shows on the output 

WARNINGS:
Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (2)
Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please answer #5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unsure what you mean I'm sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The errors you showed don't really matter for the moment, those are in the output window in Animate. kglad meant that when you are looking at the blank page in your browser, show the developer tools Console, and look for any errors that are showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines