• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurred image in Animate png

Participant ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get a project together for my students quickly. They are blazing through my first project. I used firefly to generate a car graphic quickly. Took it into photoshop to remove background and scale it down, then exported as png's. resolotion was 300 in photoshop. Now I import into animate cc and the imgae is blurry as heck. Here's link to the file. Can anyone tell me why? ps, the cars are small. 

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Import and export , Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the imported (into animate) image is blurry?

or only the exported/published?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imported image on stage is. But the cars in photoshop and illustrator, they don't appear blurred. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are they the sane pixel size in animate as ps?  ie, what w x h in ps, what w x h in animate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved them out as a 1/4" wide, and I don't recall the height, but yes it appears that they are that same size as they are in animate. I didn't have to scale them up or down in Animate CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use pixels everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what don't you understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you were saying, you meant measure everything in pixels. I can try that, I just don't quite understand why switching the softwares unit of measurement would suddenly blure the image. But you never know with Adobe cloud I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Tgibs2 

any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution in pixels is what matters, not the dpi, that is for print purposes.

The PNG in the Animate file is 18x30px 

Mario_CR_0-1714597853978.png

If your artboard in Photoshop was that small you cannot increase the resolution by just increasing the dpi to 300.

Go to Image > Canvas Size and make the artboard bigger, change the ruler to pixels so you know what you're getting.

Mario_CR_1-1714598508888.png

You can also just drag and drop the large PNG you attached into Animate and scale it down with the free transform tool which may be the quickest option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to do this, but was also trying to save class time. I'm dealing with HS students at the moment. But yes, this is most ideal and maybe what I have to have them do. I appreciate the feedback and will try out some of these ideas later today hopefully. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no extra steps involved.  in photoshop, save the pixel size you want to use in animate (or any other program).  you never use inches unless you're creating something physical like a t-shirt logo or something printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The second instance is what I get when I import Car 1.png:

image.png

How are you bringing your images into Animate?

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoãoCésar

magnifying the stage is misleading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the original imported image have more pixels than the size set in the Properties panel, the visual definition should still be better even if the the stage is zoomed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the op's image is 1463 x 2048.  i don't know what you did, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just resized the image using the Free Transform Tool (Q).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP doesn't need the original image to be 1500 x 2100, but it should be a little bit bigger than the final size on stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bottomline: the image posted by the op here is not the same image imported into the op's animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why shrink it, and then magnify the stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that everyone can easily spot the difference in quality.

Or do you think this size is OK for a comparison?
image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that comparison makes your point.  there's no problem with the posted op image and it's not the same as the image in the op's fla.

kglad_0-1714657318509.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the OP probably used a different image.

Maybe using inches in Animate messed something up. Can't tell as I always use pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just changed to inches so I could see how big to scale cars in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines