• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button Undefined in Adobe Animate (repost)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a headache recently about how to solve this problem please help.

As you can see in the first photo given I've put an instance name of the button, " mula_btn " and the second picture shows my coding for the button to go and stop and a frame " main menu". Everything seems right but smh the error saying undefined "mula_btn" appear and I don't know why. 

unknown.pngunknown (2).pngunknown (3).png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Animate forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

* The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.
* Questions about business plans should be posted in Enterprise and Teams 
* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your code needs to be on the same timeline where your object instance is named and needs to occur in a frame where the object exists. ie, the parent of mula_btn timeline and hopefully there's a frame named "main menu" on that parent timeline.

if you're doing all that (and it looks like you are from the screenshots), delete the button from the stage, drag another copy from the library and place it on stage (same layer, frame, and position -  copy the name from your actions panel, paste the name into your properties panel in the instance name field.  retest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to include my frame label but here it is

unknown (4).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

<merged>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried your script in my FLA, and it worked. May need to see your FLA to figure out what is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines