• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons work when I test my html canvas but not when I open the html doc from its location.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple html canvas with four buttons. They are all gotlandstop actions. Each stop frame has a back button on it that brings me back to the first frame.

When I choose "test" from the control menu it launches in my browser and works fine. When I try to open the html file from my finder it launches my browser and shows the first frame with all the button but nothing is clickable.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Thanks everyone I figured out what was wrong. Just a few clicks in the publish settings and blamo, problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Two main reasons can be:

- When you open your HTML from the local file system security issues may happen. So you have to setup a local or a online server to host your HTML and the other needed files.

- If your button has a bitmap in it, you must use a vector shape in the hit frame to bypass security issues.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC,

Thanks for responding to my post.

The client wants to be able to run this on their computers without having to access the internet. It's for their sales team and they don't always have access to the internet.

They gave me a sample someone else had done that works fine when I launch the html file on my mac. I need to be able to give them something that runs locally.

I do have vectors in the hit frame. There is only one bitmap in the scene. It's a bitmap illustration with vector buttons placed over top.

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you quite got what the ACP said. You can set up a local server that you can use for this purpose.

For example, Setup a Local Web Server on Windows, Mac, and Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, even if this is a solution I can't expect my client to do that. I need a solution that doesn't require any action from the end user other than launching the file.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these people using Windows or Mac computers? If Windows, require that the client use any browser other than Chrome to open your thing. Chrome's security model is straight up broken when it comes to local file content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone I figured out what was wrong. Just a few clicks in the publish settings and blamo, problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines