• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move objects in timeline on layer - objects snap back

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new to animate but this seems pretty basic- I can get so far through an animation on a particular layer - successfully moving objects on to the canvas and adding tweens (alpha/fades). So far down the timeline (around 2200 frames) however, the timeline becomes dark grey and if I move an object onto the canvas, it snaps back to its origin, leaveing a blue outline box where I wanted it. If I try on a light grey pat of the timeline before this, it's fine.

I've re-installed Animate - same issue. I've tried deleting the dark grey frames, and adding new frame to place the object, but the timeline always appears as dark gey/cannot move objects were I want them.

It's a basic 'animation' - just tracklist text appearing then fading over a background for a 45min or so audio mix. I've tried working on a new layer - same issues - tried resaving the file - same issue.

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an image or video showing this behaviour? I'm having some trouble envisioning it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SNIP 1.PNGSNIP 2.PNGSNIP 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snip 1 - everything fine in the tween area - or light grey area before tween - I can move objects (in this case the text (as paths) to the right you can see). Snip 2 - everything after the tween is dark grey (as is new layer if I try that). Snip 3 - when I try to select a frame in the timeline where I want the new text to appear - it snaps back to its origin and just an outline box is left in the position.

Hope that makes sense...cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a snippet showing what I'm trying to achieve - when one track in the music mix transitions to the next, the track list info changes... the 3rd transition is where the issues arise - I cannot move anything onto to the 'screen' for the rfame I want the next title to appear...

https://www.facebook.com/947008888789136/videos/317170502879516

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? If I create a new layer to start on - same issues - full layer is dark grey/cannot move objects even if key frame inserted... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one have any ideas here? at the moment im finding this software useless - maybe my fault - but no matter what I try - creating a new layer - creating key frames - I cannot move nay of the vectors to where I want. Is it the file size maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't using motion tweens, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - fades use 'classic tween'. The background image of the 'test card' was  jpeg. I've traced as vector now and scrapped the whole file - starting again from scratch. Reason being I suspect the jpeg size was maybe to large and Animate didn't like it... Just started to rebuild, will see if the same problem arises. The Audio file is around 46 mins/mp3 so hopefully that doesnt cause issues with the file size. 

On a side note I'm importing object to library, but I have noticed when experimenting that when pasting an object (say a line of text as paths),  from Illustrator, it pastes and creates a new layer just fine... for about 3 pastes... then the paste is greyed out/it on the drop down pasting doesnt work. Shutting down all Adobe software and clearing clipboard doesnt work - the paste function is still inactive on restart. I'm a novice but it all seems so buggy to me. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

46 MINUTES?

No. Just... no. You need to be breaking this down into segments and assembling the clips in Premiere or some other video editing program. Animate is only designed to handle around 15 minutes per timeline. If you're working in an AS3 document, it will fail if you try to have more than 16,000 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software has allowed me to insert a 87815 frame length audio file add layers of vector graphics for the full run time? Thanks for the heads up though... I hadn't seen any info on Adobe about max lengths of timelines/projects and it doesn't flag any issues inside the programme  in regards max length of timelines...  would be useful if it did state constraints?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested exporting the video and indeed it says its above the max 16,000 frames. Would be useful if it actually limited the timeline to that in the first place. Guess I picked the wrong software for the job... cheers for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've installed Premier and started using for the first time. Many thanks for the help. I was a bit daunted by it hence I used Animate, which I have used for very short idents before. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines