Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coauthoring AS3 with Animate?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I'm working on an app and have been using animate cc coding in as3.

I'd like to bring in another coder to collaborate but I don't know how to do this.

I've heard of Github and things, but can this be used with Animate cc? What is the best way to share code and manage updates etc?

Thanks

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Hi Gary,

yes you can Use Animate sourcefiles on github.

Keep in mind though that assets, such as video, images and sounds, shouldn't stay on github because they take a lot of space and it doesn't handle well binaries.

Though, sometimes I also put a lot of binaries on github and do not have any problem.

It is obviously better if you save FLA file as FXL, open, so that it is not a single binary.

Obviously keep AS3 outside of flash project, and use external .as files.

Try to update the fla the less possi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

yes you can Use Animate sourcefiles on github.

Keep in mind though that assets, such as video, images and sounds, shouldn't stay on github because they take a lot of space and it doesn't handle well binaries.

Though, sometimes I also put a lot of binaries on github and do not have any problem.

It is obviously better if you save FLA file as FXL, open, so that it is not a single binary.

Obviously keep AS3 outside of flash project, and use external .as files.

Try to update the fla the less possible, and obviously do not work on it at the same time with other team mebers.

Besides that, all git collaboration best practices apply.

I do use Animate CC a lot to compile apps, and collaborate with other developers on git, so yes you can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines