• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content overlay problem

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total n00b, having to learn on the fly for a work project.  Here's my issue. I have a list with invisible buttons pointing to different frames.  The buttons work fine, but when the movie navigates to the new frame, my list is still there in the background and I can't get rid of it.  I'm sure it's a simple thing.  Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

It sounds like you've created the navigation in the Timeline. There are different ways you could have made it, so I'm kind of guessing based on your saying that you're new to Animate CC how you might have set it up since you say you can't get rid of your list.

It's possible that either your objects are on one layer that extend over multiple frames (which means if you delete it, then it's gone from frame 1) or you've made multiple keyframes that include the list, buttons, and separate content (wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you used addChild to add (or re-add) them, use removeChild to remove them.

if they were added in the ide (eg, you placed them on stage from the library), just add an empty keyframe in their layer(s) in the frame(s) where you do not want them to appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these methods worked.  Unless I'm doing it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only one would work and which depends on how you added the object to your display.  how did you add your list to the display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous ways you could manage this.

• Set them individually to do nothing when clicked and not display the hand cursor.
  • Cover them up with another invisible button set to not display the hand cursor (referred to as a "button blocker" on our team).
  • Move them off the stage.
  • Make them invisible.
  • Delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you've created the navigation in the Timeline. There are different ways you could have made it, so I'm kind of guessing based on your saying that you're new to Animate CC how you might have set it up since you say you can't get rid of your list.

It's possible that either your objects are on one layer that extend over multiple frames (which means if you delete it, then it's gone from frame 1) or you've made multiple keyframes that include the list, buttons, and separate content (which makes duplicates in each new keyframe you've made, so it might just look like you can't get rid of it because it still appears in multiple frames after deleting it in another frame). If either of these are the case, it will help if you organize your layers. Make a new layer for just your list and your buttons. Make a layer for your content in the various frames. Make another layer for your actions. In the actions layer, put your stop(); action to stop the timeline on frame 1 for the user to make their choice of which frame (corresponding to an item in your list) to go to.

4-12-2017 2-08-39 PM.jpg

If you set your navigation up like this, you'll need a back button or some kind of navigation on your content frames to get back to your list &/or the other screens of content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines