Convert Actionscript 2.0 content to Actionscript 3.0

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened my Flash fla file in Animate and received this message:

IMG_4146.jpg 
I believe because of this one part of the animation doesn't work in Animate, the stars are there but they don't appear when I play the movie inside Animate nor when I export the file.
I'm a graphic designer, I know little about programming. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It means you're trying to open an ActionScript 2.0 document and Adobe Animate doesn't support this document type.

You're gonna have to install Flash CS6 at least to open it or convert the code to ActionScript 3.0.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JC. I can open my file in Animate. I believe it is automatically converted to Actionscript 3.0. The problem is that parts of the animation just don't work. Probably because I need to change something in "Actions", and I'm not sure how to do it, I'm not good in programming.... I'll try to create a new file, copy the layers that work and recreate the parts that don't work from scratch. Will it work? 

Regards,

Maria  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are probably going to have to recode it in AS3.

Multimedia Developer, Character Creator, and Animator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines