Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste classic tween

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm far from an expert so excuse me if this is a stupid situation.

I've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure this out, or even finding a plug-in to do it.

I want to copy and past a classic tween - not the contents, just the effects. I've tried copy and paste frames but this also pastes the content of the frame. All I want to do is copy and paste the effect.. that's all.

Example: I have text that has an opacity tween on it. I want to apply this opacity tween to more text without the text itself changing.

This is just one example. I have specific timed tweens and I want to make sure they're correct across all of my work without having to rewrite everything. I just can't believe this isn't already a thing and if it is that it's not mentioned anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Thank you, I could reproduce the problem and it seems that there's a bug with the Paste Motion option. It only works when you paste something from Frame 1, if you try to paste something from any other frame it won't paste the x/y scale of the first keyframe of the copied tween span, this alone makes it pretty much useless. I'll make a bug report to the dev team.

Considering the way the file is set up I believe the best course of action here is to just do the tweens manually, you have a lot of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to use code to do that, or use jsfl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! Could you give point me in the right direct of the most useful code of jsfl? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Or jsfl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the history panal when the tween was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn't help as I have closed animate since then and the history panel doesn't show me that far back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reproduce the tween with the history panel open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Edit > Timeline > Copy Motion,

or simply select the tween span > right-click> Copy Motion.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/manipulating-motion-tweens.html#Copyandpasteamotiontween

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I've tried that but it doesn't work. The tween just barely moves the contents of the frame, almost like a gentle wiggle.

Are there any prerequisites for this to work? I'm far from an expert but I can work things out if pointed in the right direction.

Just to give some more info on my project. I've created a graph in illustrator. All elements - bars, texts, etc are different layers. I copy these and paste them into animate. Then i right click, Distribute to layers and they then show up almost exactly in animate as they are in illustrator.

Thanks again for helping, I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that, can you share the file to take a closer look? You can use google drive or wetransfer for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reference. The current project has sensitive date (it's for work) so I couldn't share the exact one. So I've added an older draft that has fewer information in it but the general idea is the same. 

I would like to copy the tweens from the layers in the stalph folder from frames 155 - 258 to the layers in the smiths folder. As i said, it's not the same project but the solution to the problem will help me. Thanks massively. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I could reproduce the problem and it seems that there's a bug with the Paste Motion option. It only works when you paste something from Frame 1, if you try to paste something from any other frame it won't paste the x/y scale of the first keyframe of the copied tween span, this alone makes it pretty much useless. I'll make a bug report to the dev team.

Considering the way the file is set up I believe the best course of action here is to just do the tweens manually, you have a lot of auto-generated symbols and fixing that is going to be its own can of worms at this point so better leave it as is. Very important thing avoid in your next project however: 

https://youtu.be/NO2tcqbOx_U

If you still want to use the copy-paste motion option, try adding an extra keyframe at the start of the tween or recreate the scale of the first keyframe as a workaround, everything else seems to carry over fine except that (easing, effects, blending modes etc). I attached a video demonstration below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank for your feedback and I guess I'm happy to help in finding a new bug haha 

regarding the video you sent - Thank you again! I was getting that error and was convinced I was doing something stupid - I'm still learning animate afterall - glad I'm not alone in this error. 

To the task at hand, I think you're right about doing them manually. Kglad's suggestion may also be helpful and I will toy with that going forward but you've explained things very well for me. At least now I know I'm not losing my mind and it is a bug. 

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines