• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create in Illustrator or animate to do animation ??

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created these characters in illustrator and i've been have problems when i come to animate it in Animate cc with a classic tween as the parts go do dally, all over the place. As its create in illustrator does it make it more complicated to animate and should i create it in animate??

characters.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using ai is ok, but there's a lot that can go wrong and you didn't explain much, so it's hard to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry so I import all of the parts in anímate and made them into symbols. Then I would create new key frames and change the anchor point, rotate it or size ect. When I would do my whole sequence I would then create the layers into a classic tweens but when I would play it back the images would start to rotate or move from it original place. So I don't know if its because it was created in illustrator, it makes it a bit out of sinc where as if I created it in anímate it wouldn't be this problematic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the character directly from Adobe Illustrator and paste it directly into Adobe Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate has a great drawing engine and your character could easily be drawn using Animate's tools. That said, have you separated your character's body parts for paper cut-out style animation or are you doing pose-to-pose full animation? Provide some specifics so we can offer better help.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paper cut-out style?? What i do was import it as one image then once in animate separate the layers and made each one a symbol. Then with each one being on a separte layer i would change the potion, change the anchor point (transform) of each layer. i didn't use the bone tool as it was complicated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just described "paper cut-out" style animation. Just make sure you edit the center point before adding additional keyframes (if using Classic Tween). The center point needs to be in the same location for all keyframes in the tween.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines