• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping an image

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I import an image onto the stage and want to crop it (not resize or distort), how do I do that exactly - I don't want to be having to be to-ing and fro-ing to Photoshop in order to get the image to show in the position at the crop I want it at.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

If you crop it in Animate, via masking or bitmap fill, the full bitmap will still be included, wasting bandwidth when the page is downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just temporary edit bitmap image on stage. Exported image will preserve original imported look. 1. Select image on stage, Ctrl+B, select and clear parts of image. 2. Right click on image on stage, Break Apart, select and clear parts of image. 3. Select image on stage, Modify, Break Apart, select and clear parts of image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mask it. Then you won't see the parts you would have liked to crop but don't feel like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should crop it in ps.

that said, you can crop it in animate by converting it to a vector (modify>bitmap>trace bitmap) and then selecting the regions you want to remove and using the backspace key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you crop it in Animate, via masking or bitmap fill, the full bitmap will still be included, wasting bandwidth when the page is downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom line, I guess then, is no. That's a trick missed! Photoshop it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there is no real way to crop a photo in Adobe Animate. There are some tricks, but your best bet is to size and crop it in photoshop then import it into Adobe Animate. I mean you can turn it to a bitmap trace and cut it up or mask it but that will weigh down your project with extra hidden mb's you don't need. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The mask or break apart things would give you what you want to see, but as ClayUUID says, the full image would still be in the file.

There are many feature requests in for better bitmap support in Animate. Maybe one day it will not need Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines