Exit

Deleting one anchor point inside of a group deletes all anchor points

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe animate 19.1 build 349.

64 bit windows 10

if a create a shape (line, circle, rectangle, misc) with multiple anchorpoints and then group that shape about 50% of the time when I go inside the group and try to edit the shape by deleting individual anchorpoints, the entire shape will delete.

sometimes breaking the shape then regrouping fixes this.

This is a big inconvenience since I like working with groups to organize artwork.

I would like to be able to delete singe anchorpoints at a time. I like how the deleting single anchorpoints does not break the line, but just removes that point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

One more

you might want to read this

Drawing with Pen tool in Animate CC (Add or delete anchor points)

Adobe advises not to use Delete, Backspace, and Clear keys or the Edit > Cut or Edit > Clear commands to delete anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roostertoons

How do you delete individual anchorpoints? Do you use the Subselection Tool (A) to select a point and then hit Delete on the keyboard or do you use the Delete Anchor Point Tool ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the A Tool to select the points and the delete key to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roostertoons

I can't give you the golden answer. I guess the problem has nothing to do with your grouping. The only difference is that you have to go inside your groups to delete anchorpoints. I remember when I started to work with the subselection tool I experienced similar effects. You have to make sure to really select just a singular anchorpint before hitting delete.

And you can always Undo. With time you'll get the hang of it. Or use Delete Anchor Point Tool instead. It's more precise I guess.

sorry, not a sufficient answer, I know

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more

you might want to read this

Drawing with Pen tool in Animate CC (Add or delete anchor points)

Adobe advises not to use Delete, Backspace, and Clear keys or the Edit > Cut or Edit > Clear commands to delete anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines