• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Animate work fine on macbook pro M1?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'd like to buy the new macbook pro M1 for work, but just wondering how compatible the adobe animate run on it (even via rosetta 2)?
I'm making most of hand-drawn animation (freehand drawing) on this app so I just really need to know more about the compatibility before buying one.

Thanks so much if anyone could help me to review this app on M1 pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Yes, it works great on the MacBook pro with the M1 chip. just make sure the Mac meets these requirements. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

I answered this same question over on a sub-reddit - may be the same OP?

Yes - confirm, Animate works great on the M1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works great on the MacBook pro with the M1 chip. just make sure the Mac meets these requirements. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thank you, I found that Animate currently doesn't run natively with M1, it could via rosetta 2, so my concern is how smooth it works via rosetta. Just trying to search for some tests or review videos but it seems like no one does with this specific Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm running Animate v22.0.5 on a MacBook Air M1 (2020) and it runs very smoothly. I can edit complex artworks and publish documents in short periods of time.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks Joao, do you draw freehand with brush and pencil? and is it smooth as normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet because I need to buy a hub for my drawing table. What I can say is that using the mouse, the Pencil tool, the Classic Brush tool and the Fluid Brush tool all run smoothly, normally. But certainly I need to use an actual drawing device to give you a more accurate answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think @_keyframer  will be able to give you a more complete and accurate answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered this same question over on a sub-reddit - may be the same OP?

Yes - confirm, Animate works great on the M1

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you very much João, 
can't wait to see your test on a drawing table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Animate v22.0.5 on a MacBook Air M1 (2021) and it runs very smoothly as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works great.  I use it to convert Animate files to JS for a training site.

However, be careful.  When you close animate it often keeps running in the background and drains your battery.  I use htop in a terminal to kill it, but I often don't notice until the next day when my laptop lost 50% charge 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, indeed Animate runs under Rosetta 2 but the performance is far from being optimal, and if you are working with a retina display the performance is horrible. Is worst than a 10-12 years old laptop.

So can you work with Animate in Apple Silicon Macs? yes.

would it be better than your 7 years old computer?  NO

Only difference is RAM, you can take advantage of more RAM in the newer system (I could copy larger amount of layers in the 64GB MacS than in the 16GB rMBP). But if you can upgrade your old system's RAM, that would be the best option for Animate yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me. Crashes or doesn't even recognise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ben28773709vf2z 

uninstall animate including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then reinstall animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines