• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Files into Library not Working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the newest version of Animate CC 2019 and I noticed a lot of little issues that are making it hard to transition from 2018 to 2019 but my biggest issue has to be not being able to drag and drop files from a folder into the stage nor the library. I am not sure if this is an issue that is happening to just me or wide-known but this is being quite annoying to my current workflow. Any help to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried dragging and dropping files (like image, audio) onto the stage and library at my end and it worked fine.

Are you seeing something different? Can you please elaborate or share a video capture of the issue that you're facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can you share the nature of files you are trying to import. Providing us with the exact details to reproduce the issue should help us provide you with better solutions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am the only one having the issue I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the issue persist. I tried dragging a .jpeg file and it did not work, here is a video showing what happens on my end: https://imgur.com/a/beacfkw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry it seems the video did not upload correctly, here is another link to what happens on my end: 2018-10-30_13-07-57 - Streamable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks strange. Which doctype are you working on? Are you running Animate in admin mode by any chance (using Run as Administrator option)? Drag and drop of files is restricted by OS when any application is running in Admin mode.

If not, can you confirm if you are atleast able to import the image using File > Import > Import to stage option?

Also please confirm if this issue is happening only with a specific fla file or with any file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines