Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy way to create crawl in Animate?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm searching for a fairly easy way to create "crawl" on some animated characters in a short, simple piece.

Nothing grad, just some slight bouncing by the graphic characters as action happens elsewhere.

Certainly I can nudge the characters cell-by-cell, but seems like there should be an easier way...

Note that these characters would move larger distances at various points in the animated sequence, and then return to "Home", and (hopefully) bounce a bit.

Many thanks in advance!

Jamie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

You could nest your character in a graphic symbol which loops. Make it 2 frames if you just want it to be nudged from one side and back. Then that repeats on your main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could nest your character in a graphic symbol which loops. Make it 2 frames if you just want it to be nudged from one side and back. Then that repeats on your main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks -I'll give it a try!

And to the others who replied, thank you!

"Crawl" is a term often used in traditional animation to describe the idle movements or variance in drawings "cell-to"cell". For example the variance in hand-drawn multiple images.

Thank you again to all who contributed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "crawl" is scrolling text. Sounds like what you're describing is an idle animation. Unless you literally mean you want the character crawling across the ground on their hands and knees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Certainly I can nudge the characters cell-by-cell, but seems like there should be an easier way."

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, but it seems like you might not know about tweening?

You might want to start here: Create classic tween animation in Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines