• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erasing part of a JPEG image

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe Animate 2020 for use in a digital animation class, where part of the homework required a scanned image to the computer. I scanned a JPEG image onto the computer, used the Adobe Animator software to do an image trace to get rid of the penciled link, leaving an inked image that I drew. However, the scanned images have some ink errors that I would like to remove in the eraser tool an Animate. I import the image to my artboard stage, then I go over to Modify and select break apart to break the image. Now it's time for me to use the erase tool, but whenever I click to delete an unnecessary line draw the deleted portion comes right back when the mouse is unclicked. I would like to get help with this problem so I don't have to struggle with this every time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate is NOT a paint program. The erase tool is for erasing vectors, not pixels. You need to finalize your bitmap artwork in Photoshop or whatever before importing it into Animate. You can crop a bitmap in Animate, but it's like cropping in PowerPoint-- the entire uncropped image is still there, using up memory and slowing down load times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, I am not paining anything onto Animate, I am drawing/inking it on regular paper and scanning the artwork onto my computer desktop to import onto the Adobe Animate stage layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a scanned bitmap image, like ClayUUID mentions - you can edit it in Photoshop. From the Animate document Library, you can right-click a bitmap image and choose to edit in... Photoshop as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Christopher

What ClayUUID and JosephLabrecque already said is right. You best bet is to load your scanned JPEG into Photoshop or any other raster graphic editor and remove the unwanted image part there and then import it into Animate. If you want to use it there for an animation.

But you mentioned in your original post two things which make me wonder.

1. ".. used the Adobe Animator software to do an image trace .."
  2. ".. then I go over to Modify and select break apart to break the image .."

Does case 1. mean that you used Modify/Bitmap/Trace Bitmap ... ? If that's the case you've converted your raster image (Bitmap) to a vector image (well, kind of). Then you could indeed use the Erase Tool to remove unwanted bits. But still, i wouldn't advise this method. It depents what kind of image your are dealing with. It sounds like a hand drawing you are scanning, so it might work well.

When you are going the case 2 line (break apart) then you can use the Selection Tools in Animate

• Selection Tool (v)
  • Lasso Tool
  • Polygon Tool
  • Magic Wand

to select and remove (delete) unwanted pixels. Afterwards I would select all that is left over and group it or Modify/Convert to Bitmap ... or Modify/Convert to Symbol ... The latter might be necessary anyway if you want to use it in animation (Tween) in the Timeline.

Play around

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines