• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1010 and Navigational Button issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am simply trying to make some buttons that navigate my scenes but I can not seem to figure out how to get them to work. My buttons were working perfectly until a recent Adobe Animate update and now I can't seem to get them to work even in a later version of the program.

The error is telling me that my second line of code is incorrect and is giving me Error 1010. I believe that it is referring to event listener or the click to go to scene section but I have no idea how to define those things.

stop();

Object(root).StartButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToNextScene_2);

function fl_ClickToGoToNextScene_2(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).nextScene();

}

I also noticed that after a recent update, my scene number in my code exceeded the amount of scenes I actually had and I am sure that that will be a problem down the road.

Here is the rest of my code. I only have about 11 scenes and the the numbers do not line up with the scenes that I want them to go to.

stop();

Object(root).AsgardB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_2);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_2(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Asgard");

}

Object(root).valueOfMidgardB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_3);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_3(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Midgard");

}

Object(root).VanaheimB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_4);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_4(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Vanaheim");

}

Object(root).AlfheimB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_5);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_5(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Alfheim");

}

Object(root).HelheimB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_6);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_6(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Helheim");

}

Object(root).MuspelheimB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_7);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_7(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Muspelheim");

}

Object(root).NiflheimB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_8);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_8(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Niflheim");

}

Object(root).JotunheimB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_9);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_9(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Jotunheim");

}

Object(root).NidavellirB.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene_10);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene_10(event:MouseEvent):void

{

MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Nidavellir");

}

I am sure that it is obvious but I don't really know a lot about coding or anything. I am aware that this is not the most efficient way to do what I am trying to do. I just thought that I would try. I did not think it would be this hard to make simple navigational buttons but I suppose I was wrong!

I'm pretty stuck so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Can you try disabling advanced layers from Document Settings and see if it helps.

See more about Advanced layers here: Create timeline layers with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try disabling advanced layers from Document Settings and see if it helps.

See more about Advanced layers here: Create timeline layers with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it and it fixed the error message but now my buttons do not work. It also increased my file size from 4.6 MB to 14.2 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines