• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when exporting Animate file to Apple ProRes 444 with Alpha

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I did an animation and tried to export to the Apple ProRes 4444 with Alpha, but I think something is wrong cos it's taking FOREVER to encode (and nothing seems to be happening).

I also got an error message when media encoder opened (see attached file).

My Animate file size is a tiny 18kb for the fla file and 2 kb for the swf file so it can't be that it's huge file to render.

And when I tried to pause or stop the render the media encoder crashes. 

Pls help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to roll-back to a previous version of Media Encoder for now. Many people are having issues with the latest release (v.22). https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-discussions/media-encoder-2022-not-able-to-create...

As for the increase in size, video files, regardless of the format, will always be considerably larger than SWFs; that's what happens when you convert vector data to pixels. The "error message" is just a warning, reminding you that unless your source is uncompressed you won't have any quality gains from a lossless format like ProRes4444. Just hit ok and it will render properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for your reply! I've managed to sort it out - i just had to uncheck the 'Start Adobe Media Encoder Render Queue immediately' box and it was able to render without crashing. Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of your input file in MB makes no difference. It's only the run time. Expect 300-500 MB for each second if you choose Prores 4444. 

looking at your screen shots, the app is trying to talk you out of doing this thing (because you don't need to, it suspects)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it sorted out - thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines