• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Animate CC files into Illustrator for use in After Effects

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a feature at Midnight Kids and have to convert Animate files into Illustrator files so they can be used in After Effects to rig characters. To do this I have to export an SVG, open it in Illustrator, release layers and then run a script to name the layers what the original layers were named, save and quit. Only then can I open the Illustrator file in After Effects for rigging. I know you can bring in .swf files now but they are soooo slow in After Effects. Is there any way to export an Animate CC file into Illustrator directly? If this isn't possible I'd like that feature to be added. It would mean we wouldn't have to switch to Harmony!

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make feature requests here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did thanks but still haven't heard anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably won't. the feature is either added to a future release, or it isn't.  you won't hear either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James - Have you had a chance to check out the direct fla file import into After Effects that we have added couple of releases ago https://youtu.be/xXTectGrtVw Please check it out and see if this support helps in your workflow.

BTW, your wishform has been responded 09-10-2021 9.35 AM not sure why you did not recieved the response at your end.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mohanaraj, yes, we were using fla imports at first but they are VERY slow to use in After Effects. What we are looking for is vector graphics layers to import into After Effects, not vector footage layers, which is what the .swf layers that are created when you import the .fla files are. We just want a vector image, not a vector video. We have a work around for this but it requires a lot of steps: save assets as SVG, import the SVG file into Illustrator, release sequence to layers, run a layer renaming script (to rename the layers to the original layers from the .fla file) and save as an Illustrator file. Only then can we import the Ilustrator file into After Effects to use the layers as static vector graphic layers. If we could just export as an Illustrator file it would make our workflow MUUUCH better. Please add an option to export an Animate file as an Illustrator file. We keep everything on only the first frame and don't use the timeline in Animate so we can do this workflow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines