Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Animation as SVG - alternatives to snap.svg

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

tldr; are there anything at all (even paid options) that lets me export animation as a svg, other than snap.svg plugin?

I need to export animations as small svg clips, and canvas elements will not fit the bill at all in any shape or form. However, snap.svg, the plugin, is at best outdated and is no longer maintained (their own GitHub page admits this), and at worst it was a shady work around to begin with. Just tried to install it on my new computer, and it wouldn't even install with the zxp file supposedly being corrupted or something. I just with Adobe Animate could do this out of the box - for something that's called Adobe Animate CC, and branded as a software that's going to replace Flash, not being able to export my animation as svg seems ridiculous.

Fingers crossed for a solution... Or what does anyone have an alternative platform altogether for something like this?

Best,

Tony

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

So, for thoes who are MacOS users, there is an alternative product I've discovered and have been using: Keyshape (https://www.keyshapeapp.com)

I was really hoping I wouldn't be the one to answer my own question after a year or so of searching, but oh well.

Here are some pros:

• simple lightweight program
  • intuitive and easy to use
  • plenty of flexibility and features, such as easing and animating on a path, masking, etc.
  • one time payment, no subscription hell
  • decent support: I've had Adobe support provide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and this discussion is still on the map, but looks like Adobe is not considering add this feature, am I right?

I just don't understand why it's so hard to implement this feature, once we know some other tools that easily do the same, with a lower cost if you compare with the Adobe subscription costs. Makes no sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe is just waiting a stable solution to buy and integrate, saving time and effort.

If any of you coders outside Adobe manage to find that solution, please, dont sell it cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Has there been an evolution since August? Is there an implementation date? I really don't understand why a vector animation software can't export an animated svg as a single file. Using svgator for now. 
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to animate vector for applications. I am paying whol stupid unusable package from Adobe full of unusable funy softwares and if i need to do smth for my client, I need to pay other startup application to get result???

Shame on you Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am wondering about this. The whole Animate 2020 development seems to be sleeping, I primarily Animate use it to create gif animations but the gif export window has been hosed since v2019 on windows. I have clients wanting to go to embed the animations I've already developed in Animate on their web pages and animated SVG export feature would seem to fit the ticket. As of now it seems that I'll have to start over with svg gator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no option to export an animated SVG? As a web designer looking to make an animated logo for the web I took for granted Adobe Animate was exactly what I needed but perhaps I picked the wrong software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! definitivelly you picked the wrong software (even maybe the wrong company). Animate is basically the same Flash that has been out there since mid 90's... only redesigned UI and some improvements. You picked because Adove has lots of resorces and artists to create beautiful marketing imagery, to make you think you need their tools. I've installed and uninstalled intermitently Animate thrugh the years, thinking at last would find a way to include it in my design work pipeline... but not, I've to turn back again to manually SVG/CSS styling and animation: Not intuitive, complicated, but you get what you want stright from a HTML simple code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, check SVGator www.svgator.com 
I think this will be the best soultion when it comes to animating SVGs. You can export with CSS animations only or include JavaScript for more advanced stuff like morphing animations. They also have a player embedded in the exported file or you can also choose to use it external from their CDN. Either way, it works like a charm, and you can also export .dart or .js for Flutter and react Native frameworks. I'm really surprised that very few know about this tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS
Btw, you can export interactive animations, to make them start at mose in, on click, etc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestion on how install it, for the designers with 0 skills on programming?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

1 - Open the link: https://github.com/TomByrne/Flash2Svg;

2 - Go to the right side of the page and search for the Releases section;

3 - Click on the latest release - the one with a green pill label;

image.png

4 - Download the ZXP file from the Assets section;

5 - Then you can go to https://zxpinstaller.com/ and install the app for your operating system;

6 - After installing ZXP installer, drag and drop the ZXP file you've just download onto the software window.

Just keep in mind that this is an old extension and it won't probably work on newest versions of Animate.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! thank you!... I'll give a try 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe ANIMATE doesn't ANIMATE SVGs. 

Are you serious, Adobe? This is unbelievable.

Not only that, you thought it would be a good idea to remove any third party export support, JUST TO REALLY ADD INSULT TO INJURY.

Sometimes it feels like you're deliberately messing with your customers, I swear. There is no other logical explanation for such lunacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those coming here from googe, (one of the) the more modern solution is lottie: LottieFiles for Adobe After Effects: Streamline your animation workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lottie is an amazing resource BUT for those who don't use After Effects, unfortunately, Lottie is not an option.
We are trying to simply export an animated SVG from Adobe Animate - which should be quite simple for a vector-based animation tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mh seems like there was a poc to export from adobe animate to lottie: https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/export-to-lottie/td-p/9451694

But reading the github PR, the project seems dead. Maybe you could import the animate project into after effect, then export from AE to lottie ? https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/mmp260-pinkas-s2020/week-11/

I don't use adobe animate so I have no idea if this could work 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet, thanks for the suggestions! I'll try that out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines