• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PNG Sequence crops images incorrectly

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to exportan animation as a PNG sequence to import it into a game engine. The PNG's that Animate outputs are cropped in a weird way. 

Here's what it looks like in Animate, and then what the PNG looks like. The cat Graphic symbol does not have a solid background. The output PNG has what seems like an appropriate width and height but obviously wrong crop location. 

Screenshot 2021-08-17 104517.jpgcat.ai0001.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you aren't exporting to PNG from inside a symbol. What does your export settings look like?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@_keyframer  thanks - I'm exporting from main timeline, not inside the symbol; I also get the same result if I r-click the symbol in the Library and export from there. 

I don't get any options other than the color depth - is there somewhere else you can set export options?

Is this something that normally should work? It could just be something super weird with how I made my animation, I just don't know if this is a feature that's usually reliable or if it's known to be a little buggy.

Screenshot 2021-08-17 191759.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're doing everything right. The only thing I can think of is, that imported bitmap is larger than your document stage size. Go to Modify > Document > Match Contents and see if that changes the width and height OR scale the bitmap to the size of the current width and height of your stage area.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be affected by dsiplay scaling?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem, has any solution been found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution that worked for me, or should i say the thing that couse the problem
connecting layers in "parent/child" tree was the issue, after disconnecting all on all frames png sequence exportet normally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines