Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting form animate cc to illustrator cc

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can i export abobe animate cc files to adobe illustrator?

thank you,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

export to SVG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export to SVG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open in illustrator, the graphic from the svg file not as perfect as in animate. How to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok never mind. My bad. That was gpu preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Ahmedfai, but I don't under stand what the gpu review is exactly, and how to turn it off...?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator preferences is GPU Performance. I think Illustrator is able to draw vectors with the GPU, and that can speed up zooms, but it may not be as clean as you get with the final export. You could turn those features off to get the CPU to do the drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is a severely restricted process since Adobe got rid of the .fxg format which retained layers. SVG is now your only option which does not support layers making it ok for some basic things but not for complex artwork where you want to retain the layers.

There is another way if you want layers and still have Flash CS6 and Illustrator CS6 installed but that's another story.

Wish adobe would just give us a .ai export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back FXG.
SVG is no solution for coworking with complex files in Flash and Illustrator.
Since years i've installed old cs6 version of Flash and Illustrator only for the FXG export / import.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI there are some scripts that can ressurect the layer structure you had in Animate and reinstate it in Illustrator from the SVG file. However there are often multiple errors and innacuracies in the exported SVG file in the first place with weird repeated objects and lines etc. SVG sucks. FXG was near awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years later still no solution / FXG, so sad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from 2017 and we still don't have animate cc to illustrator Suport. What on earth are they doing besides ai implementation. It makes no sense. Why does Adobe continuously serve filet mignon without breaking out all the utensils, black pepper and sauces. This is one of the most frustrating things about Adobe and their monopoly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sucks for sure. My feeling is that Adobe want to force the workflow Illustrator > Animate so that Illustrator doesn't become obsolete (the drawing tools in Animate are much more fluid and fun, simpler and easier to pick up.)

There is a method I've found which is ok. Not as good as FXG but works for most stuff. There is an Illustrator script that someone made which can extract the layers back out of the SVG and they are all named too. It's a bit fiddly to set up but once installed it's pretty easy to use. The only thing that messes it up is certain SVG filters (like if you've used blending modes in  Animate it can cause it to hang or take hours to open the file). The SVG still has minor bugs like copies of objects but that's fairly minor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to do this I always tell people is to copy everything in illustrator and paste them into animate. Works the best I promise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines