• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File with multiple layer of warped asset failed to open

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a file that imported from an Illustrator file. Four layer have warped asset active and converted to classic tween. For what ever reason, if I close the file and opened it next time, Animate struggle to open the file and ended up crashed.

My device is a laptop, the CPU and RAM are utilized almost 100% when opening the file. How can i fix this? Is converting the tweens to keyframe help?

Here is my laptop spec:

intel i7 8750h

Nvidia gtx 1050ti

8GB RAM

250gb ssd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

I have experienced the same issue regarding warped objects that are the result of using the Asset Warp tool. This issue is not isolated to imported AI assets. I've had Animate-generated vectors become corrupt after they were converted to warped objects and not necessarily from crashing. I've opened up older FLA files (older = weeks) and the animations I created using the Asset Warp tool, while still animating, are empty because the warped objects became corrupt. 

It's hard to reproduce as it see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you import and then save your fla are you able to open that fla?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see option to import an fla file, and using all files option couldn't import the fla at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

create a new fla

import your ai file

save the fla

open the fla

any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, sorry take this long to reply and it seems that i didn't phrase my problem clearly.

So, if it is a new file, then i import an illustrator file and apply some other tools i can still open the fla after i close animate just fine . i can also still open the .fla when it has only 2 layers with asset warp tool activated.

But, when it have 3 or 4 layer with asset warp tool activated, i can never open the file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you create another ai file?

does it fail after a 2nd layer is created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i tried new ai using primitive shapes and it can still handle 10 layers with 5 second of asset warp animation. but when using @Nicktendo28 method, the result is still the same after the third layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new file. Then copy the content from illustrator and paste it right into Animate. Then see if that work better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the illustrator file. copy what you have an illustrator file, then go to animate, create a new animate file fla, then paste your illustrations into it the new Fla. The import feature for illustrator on animate has bugs, but works better if you just copy and paste it into animate. Ya dig?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue regarding warped objects that are the result of using the Asset Warp tool. This issue is not isolated to imported AI assets. I've had Animate-generated vectors become corrupt after they were converted to warped objects and not necessarily from crashing. I've opened up older FLA files (older = weeks) and the animations I created using the Asset Warp tool, while still animating, are empty because the warped objects became corrupt. 

It's hard to reproduce as it seems to be random but I suspect it might happen after updating Animate to a new version. 

For me, in order to finish the animations I started to be able to deliver a final project, I had to revert to an older saved version and then save it as new and most importantly, I converted the animations that use warped objects to keyframes, then break apart every keyframe (use Edit All Frames feature) until each key contains the warped objects, then break aprt again until either each key is an object drawing or actual vector art. 

Essentially, use the asset warp tool to create your animations (after saving your FLA as a different file with new name after art is created) then convert to keyframes and break apart to remove all warped objects. It's the only way I felt confident enough that I was going to be able to finish my project(s) until the tool become more stable.

Sorry but this is the best advise I can give you at the moment.,

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, this method works, the opening time is roughly the same as other file without asset warp. but it kinda time consuming fir my project as the deadline is close now, so we put other animation for the secene for now. Neverteheless, i can use this method in the future still. thank you, and everyone that help too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are very welcome glad this issue was able to be figured out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines