• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC - Drawing Tablets slow response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this new version of flash, When I drew quick strokes with a curve they convert into a single line as seen below.

Drawingdraw.png

I have tried a reset with having no other programs open and setting the priority higher.

It's a cintiq13HD and I didnt have this problem with CS6.

The things on the stage are meant to be circles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.html#Flash%20Professional%20CC%20Update%201%20%2813.0.1%29

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 143 Replies 143
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash still unusable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, I'm extremely irritated with this issue. I'm still having the problem on my Flash Pro CC and I need to be able to sketch and draw. Not only can I not find a place to alter the size of my brush, but I also have Flash constantly 'correcting' my lines and snapping them (not always into perfectly straight lines, but still straignening them so that they just don't even look like my art style any more.) into lines. It also barely responds when I draw now and I can barely do anything sketch wise on the program. I'm using Windows 7 - 64 bit and a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet. It works fine on Paint tool Sai and it's driving me up a wall that i can't use Flash. Is there a certain thing that I'm just missing, or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MomoSpectator wrote:

I have to say, I'm extremely irritated with this issue. I'm still having the problem on my Flash Pro CC and I need to be able to sketch and draw. Not only can I not find a place to alter the size of my brush, but I also have Flash constantly 'correcting' my lines and snapping them (not always into perfectly straight lines, but still straignening them so that they just don't even look like my art style any more.) into lines. It also barely responds when I draw now and I can barely do anything sketch wise on the program. I'm using Windows 7 - 64 bit and a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet. It works fine on Paint tool Sai and it's driving me up a wall that i can't use Flash. Is there a certain thing that I'm just missing, or what?

In a recent patch, the issue of auto-straightening of a curve when drawing using a tablet device was fixed. Have you applied the latest Flash CC update?

The brush size button is located on the toolbar between the "Brush Modes" and "Brush Shape" buttons. Ref the attached image.

http://i.imgur.com/ZeKm7wC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you with the brush issue. Apparently the whole toolbar wasn't showing which is why I couldn't find it.

Regarding the patch, though, I have installed the latest patch and I've still been getting the issue. Getting this thing to work is top priority for me, as it need it to do my graduation project for school.  I can make it so that it draws without creating a different shape and without straightening the lines (MOST of the time) however it still 'corrects my lines so that they are smoother and even when I turn smoothing down it still appears to look corrected by the program. Also, I have to draw EXTREMELY slow on my tablet to get it not to straighten my lines and I also have NO pressure to be founds from my tablet either, so it's very hard to draw like I want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MomoSpectator wrote:

Thank you with the brush issue. Apparently the whole toolbar wasn't showing which is why I couldn't find it.

Regarding the patch, though, I have installed the latest patch and I've still been getting the issue. Getting this thing to work is top priority for me, as it need it to do my graduation project for school.  I can make it so that it draws without creating a different shape and without straightening the lines (MOST of the time) however it still 'corrects my lines so that they are smoother and even when I turn smoothing down it still appears to look corrected by the program. Also, I have to draw EXTREMELY slow on my tablet to get it not to straighten my lines and I also have NO pressure to be founds from my tablet either, so it's very hard to draw like I want to.

Which drawing tool are you using? Brush tool or pencil tool? Have you enabled the "Brush pressure" option from the toolbar?

Updating to the latest version of Flash CC should resolve the auto-straightening issue, However, one of the users has reported that it does not get fixed until the "Use Windows Ink" option is switched off from the Wacom Control Panel. Please read the older posts in this thread for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your description, I wonder what Drawing settings you have turned on...there is more than just the Smooth settings that shows up in your Properties window.

If you haven't already, go to your Preferences and click into the Drawing portion on the left hand menu. Here, you'll see various options with drop down menus including one that mentions "Recognizing Shapes". Set this to Normal or Off and see if that and/or other settings adjustments improves your situation.

On a side note, I posted (quite sternly, possibly; though it was more out of exasperation) here about this issue last month, so I feel it's only fair to give an update: the patch has worked well for me. I've tested it with various settings both in Flash and Wacom's preferences and I haven't had any issues. Thank you Adobe.

Curiously, having the "Windows Link" turned on in Wacom's settings hasn't caused an issue on my end. What driver version are people using when this occurs?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FuzzyDrawings wrote:

On a side note, I posted (quite sternly, possibly; though it was more out of exasperation) here about this issue last month, so I feel it's only fair to give an update: the patch has worked well for me. I've tested it with various settings both in Flash and Wacom's preferences and I haven't had any issues. Thank you Adobe.

Thanks for confirming that the update worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried adjusting my settings and I also cannot find the "Use Windows Ink" box ANYWHERE on any of the preferences sections for my Bamboo Pen and Touch. Even after adjusting my settings and reinstalling my drivers for my tablet, It still responds VERY slowly and I can't even draw the lag is so terrible. Either it just makes straight lines when I'm trying to quickly sketch a drawing or it doesn't even recognize any of what I've drawn and just leaves a little sqiggle. I have the latest version of Flash and I've been using the brush tool. I turned the pressure sensitivity on, so it uses that now, however it still is very slow when drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Use Windows Ink" option was added by Wacom in driver version 6.3.6-w3. I'm not sure when that option will be available for the Bamboo series of Wacom tablets. Which driver version are you using? Did you face similar problems with Flash CS6?

Is any other user with a Bamboo series tablet facing similar lag issues even after updating Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know I'm updated to the latest drivers for my tablet since I just reinstalled all the basic drivers and my bamboo dock made me update the drivers two more times before I could get it to work. I don't have Flash CS6, so I wouldn't know if the same problem would happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on mac.. Very slow..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Pentium 4 3.4GHz

8BG Ram

Bamboo Capture tablet

Flash Ver: 13.0.1.808

I thought I would give this version of Flash a trial.  It seems like most are having lots of difficulty with it so far unfortunately.  I am seeing the same laggy drawing errors with the pen and brush tools that everyone else on here are discussing.  Another interesting note that I noticed though was the lag wasn't only present with the drawing tools.  The lag was also apparent when I would drag any of the windows around the screen.  The main application window itself moves around the screen just fine, but as soon as you drag a window around such as the color panel, properties panel, even a test movie swf window, the lag is there.  It's like a terrible refresh rate.  Almost like what you would see before you install the proper driver for a video card.  It's just not as snappy as older versions of Flash which is quite shocking seeing as the other versions are only 32-bit and this new one is 64-bit.  I know it's not perfect yet, and everyone on the Flash Pro team at Adobe is hard at work to fix this problem.  I just wanted to shed some light on this with my experience and see if there is something there more than just the wacom drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a little more proof to my last post I created an extension panel to measure the performance.  As you can see in the image I have attached, the performance in CS6 is far superior to CC.  This test was run on the same machine as well in case you are curious.

ExtensionPanelComparison.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any updates on anything regarding this? It's getting really close to the point where I'm going to need to be able to use this animation software and I need it to actually function properly ;_;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution for my problem in Flash CS6? Serious lag when using pressure with brush. I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok guys i have the solution!

The problem is concerning video driver.
You have to uninstall and restore the original driver of your computer (Vaio,Hp ecc..)
Download the original driver from the producer's web site (poducer of your computer not of the video board)
Also it's important to disable automatic driver update (for example windows do it as default)

I hope this make sense for you ... because this problem was very irritating for me and i wanted to help
In conclusion video driver is the matter!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I can't install the patch for this problem, I think its not compatible with win 8.1

Some one can help me ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone heard of a fix for this issue? (see below)  Basically pen and pencil tools just create a straight line. a link maybe? I've reinstalled FL with all new updates etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please give us some details about the drawing tablet that you are using and the installed driver version.

Thanks

Akshatha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monoprice.  Using Current driver from their website. Works great on every program except for flash pro cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem. Whenever I draw with my tablet it makes long diagonal lines down and to the right. I'm working on a yiynovaMSP19U tablet. I just installed Flash CC today so it's up to date, and I just reinstalled the latest yiynova drivers.

The tablet works fine  with no issues in photoshop and digicel flipbook, but Flash CC is unusable... any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

This issue has been fixed internally and the fix will be available in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I couldn't help but notice that this wasn't fixed in the latest release.  Same issue here, with the Yiynova.  Re-installed everything.  Tablet compatibility has been an issue with Flash CC since the beginning.  It's not cute, please *actually* fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!! URGENT

My Flash CC brush tool pen pressure function is not working...

I have the pen pressure icon showing in the tool panel, but unable to get any tapering stroke but just flat weight lines.

I'm using:

Window 7

Flash CC Version 2.1.0.108

Wacom Intous 5

Wacom driver 6.3.11-4a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines