• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC - Drawing Tablets slow response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this new version of flash, When I drew quick strokes with a curve they convert into a single line as seen below.

Drawingdraw.png

I have tried a reset with having no other programs open and setting the priority higher.

It's a cintiq13HD and I didnt have this problem with CS6.

The things on the stage are meant to be circles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.html#Flash%20Professional%20CC%20Update%201%20%2813.0.1%29

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 143 Replies 143
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I would like to post another finding with the performance of Flash Pro CC.  There is a noticeable performance increase when you open up one of the menu items from the top menu bar.  I can really see this because I am testing on an older Pentium4 machine.  The FrameRateTestPanel I created is usually showing an average of 20 fps on my machine.  As soon as I hit a menu item, for example clicking on "File", the dropdown list appears and the performance on the FrameRateTestPanel jumps to a full 60 fps.  I also did this with Windows Task Manager open to the "Performance" tab.  With only Flash running, I am averaging about 30% CPU Usage, but as soon as I hit "File" in Flash, the CPU Usage drops to an average of 11%.  This is quite a substantial performance gain in my mind and one that leads me to believe there are some optimizations that have yet to be done to Flash Professional CC.

Again, I would like to reiterate that I am not trying to pick on Flash or Adobe for that matter because they make amazing products.  As someone who has worked in the television animation and gaming industry, I have been using Flash since it was Macromedia Flash 4, and I would like to continue using this tool for work going forward.  I will just have to wait until this next version has a few more bugs ironed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else know how to get Flash to have the same responsiveness as ToonBoom or...any other vector tool out there? It twerks my lines after I draw them so they're these weird 'shelbyville' version of the line I drew. It'd be nice if what I drew stayed what I drew. Tried every possible smoothing setting and combo I can think of over the years and with every version the same problem persists • http://i.imgur.com/UEQ3s9P.jpg • http://forums.adobe.com/thread/782379

Below is a vector brush tool Disney Feature Animation is using/developing. Wish Adobe Flash could hit this level of professional standard with their Brush tool. It hasn't really been changed much since Macromedia MX version. Be great if they could not only hit the same accuracy as toonboom, but bypass it entirely and get to this:

VIDEO

•http://www.fastcolabs.com/embed/aacef4706f286

Source

•http://www.fastcolabs.com/3006276/open-company/trying-woo-animators-di sney-accidentally-invents-pap...

Everything else in Flash is so great but it seriously inhibits the promise of Flash's efficient workflow to have the brush not up to snuff. Doesn't really help to have a faster car if the steering wheel keeps falling off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robosnacks,

I have wished for Adobe to update the drawing tools in Flash since they picked it up from Macromedia.  You can always tell when something has been drawn in Flash with the available drawing tools because they unfortunately have the awkward smoothing algorithm applied to the brush strokes.  You have to do a lot of cleanup work to the strokes to achieve the line quality you are after.  My recommendation would be to use Illustrator if you have the opportunity to do so.  You are able to achieve a really appealing line, and a more optimized one for that matter.  The number of points in a curve brought in to Flash from Illustrator is significantly less than if you tried drawing the same line in Flash and applied some clean up and smoothing.  I bring up that point in case you are worried about performance/load times in the flash player for any reason.

If you are creating animations in a TV pipeline type of situation and require the end result to be in Flash, I would look into picking up a copy of Toon Boom Studio on sale and then imoprting the animation into the Flash timeline.  I did this for a contract and it greatly increased my quality and quantity.

I have a suspicion that Adobe is working on the drawing tools because I saw a presentation by Tom Barclay where he talked a bit about the future of Flash and where it is going.  In this presentation they showed a screen shot of a potential upgrade to the stroke that would accomodate variable width.  To me it looks very similar to the tools in Illustrator, but that is just the artist side of me hoping that Flash will finally one day get a drawing tool overhaul with some solid tools.  Here is a link if you are interested in checking it out: http://www.andrewdollanimation.com/blog/2013/5/15/future-of-flash-professional.html

I hope I was able to help out.  I know I didn't fix your issue by any means, but it's been my experience with Flash and it's drawing tools especially that you have to mix in other applications to get the right look that you are after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem occurs with brush tool. I get these unwanted straight lines and sharp corners. impossible to draw.

"Use Windows Ink" It does not help

Win 8, Intuos 5  (driver 636.3, then update 637.5)

Flash CC  13.0.1.808

fl_.png

full screen:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/0ynq.png/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update with this fix has been released

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2013/08/20/flash-pro-cc-update-1/

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me only when "use windows ink " is unchecked.if its checked the problem exists.is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muratyazarcizer wrote:

it works for me only when "use windows ink " is unchecked.if its checked the problem exists.is that normal?

Updating Flash Pro CC to version 13.0.1 should fix the problem. Drawing using tablet and stylus in Flash should work smoothly irrespective of your "Windows Ink" settings.

If you're still facing problems, can you verify if the patch has been installed correctly? Check the version number by going to Help -> About Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my flash version is 13.0.1.808. the update solved my problem but only if i uncheck use windows ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see the issue happening with windows ink checked.Can you please provide your OS details and Wacom model and driver details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tested it on 2 machines.both are windos8 64 bit.in cintiq 24 hd there is no problem with windows ink.but in intous 4 the problem exists when windows ink is checked.wacom driver version is 6.3.6w3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have updated and the pen pressure is there for me but when i draw with my tablet there is no lag but if i draw with my tablet and have penpressure enable i can draw but the lines dont show intil i stop drawing... D: ive tried reinstaliing drivers and pen and touch settings. Windows 7 64 bit. wacom bamboo pen and touch tablet up to date with drivers. HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to light the fire. I am having this same isssue as well. Using Surface Pro and Cintiq 21UX.

Also it would be nice if you included "known issues" in update information. It took me a few days to isolate that this was a Flash issue and not a Windows 8 issue.

I noticed when you draw slow there is a delay making it impossible to draw small details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Throwing my torch on the fire, too. I was excited to finally change from CS3 to CC, then I had the same experience... until this issue is fixed, it's back to CS3 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, does anyone NOT have this issue? If so, what tablet do you have? I'm have this issue as well.

Issue: The first portion of a line drawn becomes straight, regardless of length, speed of hand movement and the amount of curve drawn. This occurs with any use of the eraser, brush, and pencil tools and any of it's variations/options. Adjusting Flash's drawing preferences did not improve the issue either. My specs are below:

• Flash CC
    • default and various custom drawing preferences as suggested here
  • Wacom Intuos 3
    • driver up to date
    • default and various custom preferences as suggested here
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    • Gateway DX4840
    • Intel Core i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20CHz
    • 8.00 BG of RAM
    • Service Pack 1

This reminds me of the issue older versions of Photoshop have where if you switch between programs (say from Photoshop to Firefox), when you return to Photoshop, all movement of your wacom pen are registered as straight lines - you have to minimize Photoshop and maximize it again to correct the error. Unfortunately, such a simple solution (or cause of the issue) is not applicable in this instance.

Like others, I joined Adobe CC for Flash (in hopes that its CreateJS would be a viable tool with the slow suffocation of the SWF [sad times] - but that's for another discussion). While it seems like Flash CC has some really great improvements, this bug with one of the FUNDAMENTAL aspects of the workflow within Flash makes it a nearly useless program. To be blunt, it's an insult - especially considering I'm now stuck paying $50 a month for a drawings and animating program I can't draw in.

I appreciate that Adobe has people in here claiming they're working with Wacom to find a fix, but Flash CC has been out far too long for such a roadblock to remain an issue (I won't go into how this was overlooked in the development process). I love Adobe's products (when they work), but between the controversy over the CC subscription, and this (and other) massive bugs that should never have existed within a released program, Adobe is walking on thin ice with me, and others I'm sure. Fix these bugs and give us a PROPER Flash for HTML5 setup, and I'll be the happy Adobe customer I used to be again. For the time being, if we can fix THIS bug, I'll consider not requesting a refund for CC. Thank you Adobe for looking into the issue; I'm sure you understand the gravity of the bug, but this is one that can't be dragged along or pushed under the rug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too with multiple tablets and machines which all produce the same results.  Please rectify this issue as soon as possible. 

My current workstation provides these specs which should be more then adequate to draw properly in flash.

Flash CC

Cintique UX21 - also tried Intuos 3 and 5

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Intel Core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50GHz

32.0 GB Ram

EDIT: I have found that by disabling penflicks and touch it does work better and allows for pressure sensitivity. I just updated the latest bug fix which seemed to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this same exact problem on multiple machines. Using an Intuos 5, newest version of Flash. It's extremely frustrating and is making it hard to use the program. Please find a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been resolved and the fix should be available in the next update of Flash Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have great news indeed!

Can you inform when this update is expected to be released?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon.

I'm sorry, but the exact date is not known yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to express how disgusted I am with this situation as a whole.  I was using Flash CS5.5 and was experiencing serious issues with being unable to save.  I kept getting messages saying that I was unable to save, try a different name or location, etc. 

I wasn't experiencing the issues so much with Flash CS4 which is what I used to create the first season (or at least most) of a 13 episode animation series.

Now almost a year later, I'm working on season 2 and I can't even get into the first episode.

I was hoping Flash CC would help with my "unable to save issue" and to a point it actually seems better.  I'm guessing because this is the first time the program has been written for 64-bit instead of 32-bit that the program can handle a little more without throwing a fit.

Sadly, I too am experiencing the issues with my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.  I can draw using the brush tool no problem on Flash CS5.5 but experience the save issue so I installed the Flash CC trial and I can't use the brush tool to draw what I need (but I can save).

This is beyond frustrating and I'm quite aggravated that you guys have a fix and are going to sit on it for an undetermined amount of time before releasing it.

Who does that?! Why would you dangle a carrot in front of our face?!

I'm not even going to get into how Adobe is going to be raking me (and everyone else) over the coals with the new monthly subscription as I'd actually be willing to pay the $20 per month if I was able to draw AND save in one program.

I curse the day I decided to draw in Flash instead of drawing in another program and importing it into Flash.  Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I can't effectively learn to draw using another program without it seriously affecting my productivity for xx months.

I know no one really cares about my situation but I felt the need to vent.

Now I have to go back to work on my show which will consist of having BOTH Flash programs open and me drawing in one and copying/pasting into another so I can save...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in total agreement with MADCLEVR here.

If you are going to do this new software as service model you need to learn to get these fixes out the same day. You're not making boxed software anymore.

I work at the worlds biggest social gaming company so I know this is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you asked I will chime in that I actually do NOT have this trouble with my copy of Flash CC. Why? I really don't know but it draws just fine and actually seems to draw better than any previous version of Flash for me. Except maybe CS6 which works pretty well also. I am running OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my custom buit hackintosh (but I don't think that's the reasone mine works) and drawing with the older grey Wacom Cintiq. Maybe this is a Windows only issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,this is WIN only issue.It works fine on MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines