Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC Multiple Area Fill?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm starting to get into pixel animation, and I'm just wondering if it's possible to fill multiple little areas one colour with the paint bucket tool.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

My answer 8 would give you the little colored squares I think you're asking for. If the argument that having that many vectors is a bad idea, you can always select the shapes and Convert to Bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any shapes that are currently selected will get changed to the fill color when you use the paint bucket.

There is a different need that you might have, where you want to later on change your mind about the color used in a whole lot of places, some of which might not even be on the stage at the time. In the Swatch palette is a Tag Swatch feature. You can convert any color to be a tagged swatch, and it will appear in a tagged swatches area. If you later double click on that you can change its color, and everywhere that color was used will get changed, without needing to use the paint bucket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I mean to fill in an empty space on a grid. Like empty spaces that have no colour in them, and filling multiple ones that I want to fill without having to individually click and fill each one. Sorry about the confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have two layers? One would only have the outside of the grid, and the other would be on top, and be the inside of the grid. They you paint bucket fill the underneath layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what it looks like currently. The top layer is the grid, and the bottom layer is the animation I'm "tracing" over with a colour tint. Currently the only way to "trace" it is to individually click each square to fill it in, and I'm trying to find a way to fill in multiple squares that I want to fill in

HelpWithPixels.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're wanting a way to tell Animate to fill in a square without a mouse click?

Sounds like you want some kind of machine telepathy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without clicking, but a way so I can click and drag my cursor around areas that can be filled to fill them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're trying to use Animate as if it was Photoshop.

I recommend just using Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there's an alternate solution to just using photoshop is all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash/Animate CC does not have any built in tools specifically for creating pixel art, so you would have to get an extension, though I haven't found a pixel tool extension for Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My answer 8 would give you the little colored squares I think you're asking for. If the argument that having that many vectors is a bad idea, you can always select the shapes and Convert to Bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paint brush has a brush mode of Paint Behind. You could set a large brush size and paint all over your grid, and when you release the fill would be behind the lines. If you later need just the colored squares, and no lines, you could do this:

With the Selection Tool, double-click on any line, that should select all of them.

Modify/Shape/Convert Lines to Fills.

Delete.

You should now have your colored squares all separate, with a slight gap between them where the line used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really bad idea: Animate CC is (mainly) meant for vector animation, and pixel art is just not part of its feature set. Drawing squares like that is crazy and awkward.

If you want to incorporate pixel art in an Animate CC animation, use a proper tool like Pro Motion (meant for pixel art creation) and import the resulting bitmaps in Animate CC. Transform as needed. Or use Photoshop to draw the pixel art. ANY bitmap tool will do, really. Even Paint! But not Animate CC. Wrong app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines