• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6 Air to iOS "Edit Application Settings" menu not coming up. No way to publish to iOS.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a freshly re-installed and updated Flash CS6 on a 64-bit Macbook OS X 10.9.4.   I've tried various combos of Air 3.2, 3.4, 14, and 15, since yesterday, and I'm getting the same result.  Just two days ago everything about this setup was working flawlessly.  I was compiling and pushing Air apps to my iPad for testing.  Early yesterday morning I tried this and got a message that I didn't save, but was something along the lines of "This installation is not setup for this process" or something.  Since then, when I click on the wrench to bring up the Edit Application Settings menu, nothing happens.  This is true if I click on it next to target in the properties pane, or if I go to Air to iOS Settings from the File dropdown menu. 

The other strange part of this is that if I open some older projects, I can get the menu to come up again. But on the project I was working on it doesn't.  And if I create a new, blank FLA file and go straight to settings, it also doesn't work.  And if I attempt it and it doesn't work, if I close the file that wasn't working it crashes Flash completely. 

It seems like some database or cache is corrupt but I did a full uninstall (using adobe cleaner) and reinstall, and it's still happening.  I found one old thread on google about this same problem, and the solution given was to delete Library/Application Support/iPadApp/Local Store/appDB.db, but I don't even have this file to delete. 

Pretty much can't produce my content like this so I'm a sitting duck.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  This is my first post here so I apologize if I'm missing something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

very interesting. apple developer support were happy to engage with this and checked out all my certificates and stuff and updated some stuff in Xcode.

but while doing it i discovered that if you move the provisioning profile somewhere else eg a new folder, then you can open the Edit Application Settings  and then add the provisioning profile from the new location and

flash publishes successfully.

at least  that is a workaround - although a pain in the arse!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having exact same issue. updated provisioning profile. same process as all year ( done it 50 times this year....).

then suddenly wont open edit application settings and then flash cs6 crashing.

actually did a whole load of stuff ( rebuild directory and permissions, reinstall;ed flash cs6.... took ages

then found this and after reading this thread I deleted the provisioning profile.

suddenly started working again.

going to try and download provisioning profile again and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is definitively the provisioning profile. using an old one is no go for me - I need to add new testers.

I am currently on the phone to the apple developer program support - see what they say.

really dont want to upgrade to flash cc,,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very interesting. apple developer support were happy to engage with this and checked out all my certificates and stuff and updated some stuff in Xcode.

but while doing it i discovered that if you move the provisioning profile somewhere else eg a new folder, then you can open the Edit Application Settings  and then add the provisioning profile from the new location and

at least  that is a workaround - although a pain in the arse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good stuff.  did any of the apple checks or updates help at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont think they made any difference to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone tried using AIR 16 SDK? Have to try it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be clear you need to move the provisioning profile somewhere new each time. you cant move it for example back and forth between two folders. that  doesn't work. But if you make a new folder and move it into there it will all work fine. I do notice that since this behaviour started Flash cs6 is les stable and crashes intermittently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The replace by an older provisioning profile worked the first time but after 2 days i'm facing again the same issue, the application settings popup not showing.

This is so annoying, does anyone have a solution for this on mac

I'm not able to compile iOS apps anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check my replies above. there is a pretty easy workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I haven't checked back in in a while.

What I ended up doing:

I was able to produce a binary that apple would accept using CS6 and Air15.  I had to publish with Air 15 because of the "Invalid Segment Alignment" rejection message from apple. (That's another story)  Unfortunately Air 15 SDK hosed some code in my app and I was forced, due to time constraints, to upgrade to Flash CC.

What I know works:

The Key for CS6 users it to open a project that uses an older certificate. This will bring back the iOS settings panel. Do not change the profile in this project and then select OK from the iOS settings, or you will loose iOS settings again. The only way I have fount to make this work is to change all the settings except for the provisioning profile, to what you need to publish and press ok. Go back and change the profile and publish, but press cancel when you're done or you will loose iOS settings.

Shot in the dark:

When I signed up for the free trial of CC there was a notice in the cloud manager to update CS6.  I have not tried to publish from CS6 sense I got CC, but perhaps this update might help the missing iOS settings issue.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the bug report in Adobe bugbase:

Bug#3850040 - Flash CS6 crash

Everyone PLEASE up Vote this bug ASAP!   (right side panel - under Attachments section)

It's been 2 weeks since the bug was reported and it's status is still "unverified"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just want to update you all that we have found the root cause of this issue and is specific to Flash CS6. You can workaround this issue by changing the folder name containing the provisioning profile. This issue has already been addressed in Flash CC.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohanaraj

when can we expect a fix for Flash CS6?

Thanks,

- Otto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Otto,

Im sorry I do not have the information about the dates, but I have moved the bug from AIR to Flash Pro CS6 in order to get it prioritized / tracked.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem in there my friend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, same problem..  there is a workaround mentioned earlier in the thread, @tommybanana1967go said:

"you move the provisioning profile somewhere else eg a new folder, then you can open the Edit Application Settings  and then add the provisioning profile from the new location and

at least  that is a workaround - although a pain in the arse!"

and

"to be clear you need to move the provisioning profile somewhere new each time. you cant move it for example back and forth between two folders. that  doesn't work. But if you make a new folder and move it into there it will all work fine."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the bug report anymore, can you provide a link to it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please hurry! I have 2 projects to delivery just waiting this fix up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good that you moved the bug fix to a higher priority in December last year, any news on a fix for this yet ?

I now have files that I can't open the settings for, even after renaming the folder the provisioning profile is in.

In any case it's a real pain renaming folders every time I want to make a change to the publish settings.

This is a pretty mission critical problem for us at the moment. We can't publish work for our client because of the problem.

Any chance you could fix the bug, or at least give us a way of clearing the provisioning profile list, so whatever is causing the problem gets cleared.

Many Thanks

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from my HTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any good news about a fix for this, that would be brilliant.

Many Thanks

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to this,

Still no solution , it's a shame waiting for this for more than 8 months, without any action from the adobe employees, this is not acceptable....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem... I wanted to test my app on two new devices and was having a heck of a time with Flash. So I kept the old Certificate & Provisioning profile on my Flash project the same and published it, but I installed the new Certificate & Provisioning profile (via iTunes) onto my two new devices and I was ably to install and test the app without any problem. The thing I'm worried about now tho, is that my certificate is about to expire in a couple of days and I have a feeling I'm gonna be totally lost at that point.. Im updating FlashCS6 as we speak hoping there is a fix in there somewhere... oh please oh please oh please oh please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case its of any use to anyone else who has this issue.

The workaround I use is to move thee provisioning profile file just before I open the dialog to publish the App.

If Flash can't find the profile it opens the dialog OK.

Then move the profile file, back to where you normally keep it, reselect the file (unfortunately Flash does not remember the last location you used to open the provisioning profile, so you have to find it again in its original location.

However you do then seem to be able to publish (at least to your own local device).

Cancelling out of the dialog doesn't seem to help for the next time you need to open the dialog, as Flash seems to store the profile location immediately, So next time you want to open the dialog, you'll need to move the file again (before you try to open)

This isnt an ideal situation, but it seems to be the only workable one for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines