New Here ,
Nov 15, 2008 Nov 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !
I cant start Flash CS4 !!
This message is displayed :
"The FlashResources.dll is missing. Please reinstall Flash."

I have trying to install it on more PC and same error !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if someone would reply to this. We bought the Master Collection CS4 for Windows.
I tried installing it on Vista Business about 12 times now. I am very disappointed in the poor quality of the installer.

Can someone at Adobe take 2 minutes to answer this question about the missing FlashResources.dll?
I see this guy got the problem over 4 months ago and no one bothered to reply at Adobe.

When I finally got Flash CS4 to install (after 12 attempts and 3 days wasted), I got that message and was told to re-install Flash CS4 AGAIN.

Maybe you should spend more time testing your installers instead of leaving it to your customers.

I am really not impressed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a late response, however I am sure there are others out there that have had this problem, which I just also ran into.

On my system, when I installed Flash CS4 for the first time, received this message and noticed the executable was in an obscure folder in the CommonFiles folder in Program files.  I simply copied the entire FlashCS4 folder from this location (the folder the contained the .exe) and pasted it in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4 location.  It started right up as it should have initially.

Hope this helps all of you out there trying to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks this is not an isolated problem. "flashresources.dll missing" is even in google's hinted phrases. I have the same issue also and so far the best answer is given by fisherman4989.

When I installed adobe CS4 for the first time on my new Windows Vista Business, it hang when checking System Profile. Maybe I started Media Player to enjoy music and it interfered with the installation? Then I closed all applications and run CS4 installation again, it was a long (almost 1 hour) but relatively smooth process. After installation, everything worked fine except for Flash with error message above.

I found 'flashresources.dll' is actually in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\en\configuration folder. But flash is started in a weird folder called C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\fjskfsdjfksdajfksadfsadffsadf(something like this)\Adobe\installer\Adobe Flash CS4 folder. There is no 'en' folder in it. So instead of copying Adobe Falsh CS4 folder out from the weird folder, I copy the 'en' folder to C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\fjskfsdjfksdajfksadfsadffsadf\Adobe\installer\Adobe Flash CS4 folder, which I feel requires less effort and we can easily revert back if necessary. After I copy 'en' folder over, my Flash works. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

It should be a bug in adobe installer. It should not leave application in that weird folder and fail to copy all necessary in. And I am very disappointed that Adobe does not bother to answer this query on its own forum, even when 'flashresources.dll missing' is 'famous' on google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post.  It worked as advertized for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to figure this out? I am running into this issue w/ CS6 after uninstalling Animate. I have the FlashResources.dll file in the en folder, as everyone said it should be, but where do I copy it to?

Have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is all well and fine for windows users, but I am experiencing this problem on my Mac. The program worked fine when first installed and then suddenly stopped booting and grave me this error message no matter what I do. I need Flash for my graduate classes and this is now bordering on ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced the same issue on Windows 7 (which would also be experienced with Vista). My installed Flash directory didn't have the en/ directory which would normally contain FlashResources.dll.

The fix was to start the setup again but this time right click and Run As Administrator. Fixed it for me, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I met the same problem.

Then I install CS3 before CS4, the error message doesn't come out again.

Hope it will be helpful for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have another solution for this? I've reinstalled as an admin and no luck. I've tried copying files into the other folders and still no luck. I'm not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to figure this out? I am running into this issue w/ CS6 after uninstalling Animate. I have the FlashResources.dll file in the en folder, as everyone said it should be, but where do I copy it to?

Have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP and I had the same problem with CS4. Here's what I did.

The FlashResources.dll for CS4 is in this folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\fr\Configuration.

In CS3 however, the DLL file is in this location: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS3\en\Configuration.

The former is in ...FR/configuration, the latter is in ...EN/configuration.

I'd done several trial-and-error until it came to mind that I should rename the "fr" folder to "en". I did so, then, at last, it worked!

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Run installation as administrator and install in custom directory c:\Flash 8
This error is caused due to lack of permission!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines