• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashVar to as2 loaded into as3

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid I already know the answer to my question but I am hoping otherwise. Previously an AS2 movie loaded into an AS2 movie could get flashvar values through _level0 or _root. My problem is having an AS2 movie loaded into an AS3 movie and still letting the loaded AS2 have access to the flashvars. I can successfully get the flashvars into the AS3 movie so that isn't an issue. I searched around and couldn't find any posts that helped and if this has already been covered I would appreciate a point in the right direction.
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS2 swfs inside AS3 can't talk to each other, so a usual work around is to use localconnection. Read the help on how that works, then set up the AS2 swf to use localconnection to ask the AS3 swf for the variables it needs, and the AS3 swf to listen to that localconnection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off thank you for your replies, links and help.

So my fears were correct, there is no easy solution. I was hoping that I could use loader variables to load flashvars to the loaded clip or something where I could still have the as2 continue to use _level0. The reason for keeping _level0 is the classic "I don't want to rewrite everything."

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, personally I truly appreciate the efforts of the community to come up with solutions like these. And both solutions are very easy to use and come with examples. Well, I guess my glass is half full and yours is half empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I completely agree that the work to make the transition easier by willing programmers such as the provided links is above and beyond. These resources will definitely help me moving forward I just didn't want to convert old files which is my own laziness. Again I appreciate the provided information and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines