• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid Brush delaying

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to try out the fluid brush in Animate but for some reason the brush gets a large initial delay when making a stroke, and continue to create a delay towards my cursor until I let go, which creates a quick line from its current location to the cursor once released, which ends up making the line look awkward. The same can be said for the mouse.

However, when I bring my window into my main monitor, the fluid brush has no problems. The issue only occurs whenever I use Animate on my tablet. All other brushes are fine.

The version I am using is Adobe Animate CC 2023, v23.0
The display tablet I'm using is an XP Pen Artist 13.3 Pro

I've tried to show the delay problem using my tablet but it doesn't show the cursor in the video properly, so I've made a video with me using the mouse to show the delay better.

If needed, I can provide a better example with the tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can verify you have the latest XP-Pen driver for your device?
https://www.xp-pen.com/download-430.html
V3.3.10.220926

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have the latest driver.

Ataraxi_3-1668635332243.png

Ataraxi_2-1668635178351.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm I'm almost all out of ideas tbh. Only Animate running, updated drivers, reinstalled, etc. 
What happens when you draw in any other application - say Photoshop or Illustrator?

Does unchecking/checking "Zoom size with stage" change anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Illustrator both work fine, it is only Animate's fluid brush that's delaying for some reason.
Zoom size with stage does not change anything unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another video on my problem.

I am completely bumfuzzled on why it only affects my tablet's screen and not my other screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed when you drew on your pen display, the cursor was very far off calibration. Was that on purpose for demonstration reasons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I set it so that the screen area captured all the monitor to demonstrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still trying to reproduce the same issue you are having on my own 22R pen display using the fluid brush. The only thing that remotely comes close is if I slide all of the Fluid brush sliders (Properties panel) to the right (100), I notice a slight drag in the lines I draw. Not nearly as slow as what you are experiencing. 
If you drag all sliders to 0, do you notice an increase in drawing performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@_keyframer,

almost no one can reproduce the op's situation.  re-read @Ataraxi 11/16 post:

"Can't really do that since I can't get into Animate without getting the trial, and I don't have a credit card available to my disposal to use the trial. I am using a school provided suite of Creative Cloud.

I have also tried Animate on school computers using the same account and the fluid brush worked fine on all of those I have tried on. Plus it does work fine occasionally on my computer, although on my main display at that."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The performance is still the same no matter what brush settings I change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try updating your tablet's drivers !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have updated them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I am using XP Pen as well, so that may be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I've posted this and I totally forgot about it!

I just wanted to update that for some reason, the fluid brush works properly now and I have no idea how.

My only guess is that when I sent an Animate file from my school computer to my personal one, it might've fixed my fluid brush, although that is a stretch.

Unfortunately, I still do not have a guaranteed correct answer to this problem yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always found the fluid brush to be weird and more complicated to use then it needs to be. I stick to the Classic brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates to this?  I have the same problem when I use Animate on my ROG Zephyrus Duo laptop.  I use a Wacom One tablet and if the screen is duplicated onto the tablet it works fine but if I landscape the display across screeen and tablet then the Fluid Brush lags. It is only the Fluid Brush, same exact results as OP.  Everything works fine on my desktop ,which is about 12 years old, no matter how the displays are formatted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines