Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid Brush Not Working though GPU Supports DirectX12

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just downloaded Animate CC 2020. The Fluid Brush is disabled. 

I read in this article that a device needs a DirectX 12 compliant GPU (with feature level 12_0 support) for it to work:

My GPU, NVIDIA Titan Black, does support DirectX 12. I couldn't find any GPU settings in Animate.

Can someone please help me with this?

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been checking on this page every few weeks to see if there's been any update. Unfortunately there hasn't been any from the adobe team whatsoever. 

I am also experiencing this issue where the Fluid Brush Tool is disabled regardless of the fact that my GPU does support DirectX 12.

I have a GeForce GTX 660 video card, and it does support DirectX 12 .

If someone could help out with this it would be much appreciated.

- Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening animate with your gpu
right click animate > run with graphics processor > high performance nvidia processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same issue that you do with my animate fluid brush tool. I have a NVIDIA NVS 5200M video card, and I discovered that even though my card supports DirectX 12, I don't think that it has feature level 12_0 support.
If you have a Windows 10 computer: 

To check, I followed these steps:

1. Click Start and click or type Run.
  2. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
  3. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens.
  4. On the System tab, information about your graphics card is shown, including the DirectX version. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.
  5. Click the Display tab, and look at the Feature Levels. I think that if 12_0 is supported, it would be shown in the Feature Levels. My video card doesn't display it, so I think that is why the fluid brush does not work for me (see screenshot).

If your 12_0 feature level is also missing, I would make sure that your video card driver is the most up-to-date.
    With administrator rights (logged-in as an administrator), Click Start and type Run -> devmgmt.msc -> Device Manager -> Display adapters -> double-click your display adapter.
    Click Driver -> Update Driver and follow the steps.

Unfortunately, I am unable to update my video card driver anymore (it is already at the most up-to-date version), so I would have to buy a new video card. 😞video ard information in DirectX Diag Toolvideo ard information in DirectX Diag ToolUpdate Driver in Device ManagerUpdate Driver in Device Manager

I hope that this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey bro try running with graphic processor maybe it'll work
worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1660 but still not coming
it to does support DirectX 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines