Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLV pausing

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2008 Oct 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a flash swf with two frames. On the first frame is an flv with buttons such as play and a seek bar. On the second frame there is no video and just some other information. I am trying to make it so when you press a button on the first frame the video is paused and you get taken to the second frame, then if you click a button on the second frame you can go back to the first frame and continue the video from where it was paused.

Unfortunately I can't seem to do this, the video seems to pause ok, but it plays from 0 again after you click back from the second frame. I can't get it to stay paused when navigating to a different frame.
The only way I could get it to pause was by having the layer with the video on extending along to the second frame(without making it into a new keyframe, so it's one long keyframe lasting 2 frames) but the problem with that is the triangle on the seekbar is still visible on the second page, even though the second page's background is above the seekbar's layer and everything else from the first page is hidden.

If anyone has any ideas about what to do it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2008 Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Do keep it going over two frames, and try either setting the visible of the flv to false, or set its alpha to zero, to stop it from showing up on the second frame.

You could also just move it off stage, or do an addChild of the flv to another object that isn't visible (say a movieclip with an alpha of zero). You would then addChild() to get it to reappear on the stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines