Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLV player Compiler error

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I created my own FLV player skin and then wanted to know how to pass variables to flash via HTML so I could make my progressive download FLV player dynamic. I found a helpful tutorial on passing variables and just tried this tutorial out. I am using Flash CS3 and I am fairly new to Flash.

When I get to the stage in the tutorial below of publishing to HTML I get the following Actionscript 3 compiler error. Its so frustrating as I am slow close to getting this sorted and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Error message:
1120: Access of undefined property video.
1119: Access of possibly undefined property contentPath through a reference with static type fl.video:FLVPlayback.

Actionscript code:
stop();
var passed:String = video;
player.contentPath= video;

I am using the instance name of 'player'. I just wondered is it because the actionscript refers to 'contentpath' which is now 'source' in CS3? Although changed 'contentpath' to 'source' and still had a similar problem.

This is the link to the tutorial I am using:

http://www.webdesign.org/web/flash-&-swish/flash-tutorials/passing-variables.12759.html

If anyone can help I would be very grateful

Many thanks

Rob
TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think that is for AS2, and in AS2 the variables set in the url would go straight into that variable on the main time line. With AS3 you have to get at the variable another way. This here:

var vars:Object=this.loaderInfo.parameters;

would read in the url variables (or any variables set with FlashVars or swfobject) into an object. To set the content path you would say this:

player.source = vars.video;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines