Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generic function to place a component on the stage in ActionScript-3.0

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am new to flash and ActionScript 3.0.I am learning ActionScript 3.0.

My requirement/need  is the AS3 code for placing any type of Component(viz., Button, CheckBox, ComboBox, ListBox, radiobutton, Slider, Scrollbar,Label,TextField, etc.,) on the stage with desired width,height, X and Y parameters(values) which we mention in "Properties" tab of Properties Window in flash.          Hence, What i need is, (say)a generic ActionScript 3.0 method/function, which places any of the components present in "Components Panel" onto the stage.

i.e., As per my idea, the function prototype or signature may be like this:

function addComponent(int <width>, int <height>, int <XPos>, int <YPos>)

Plzzz... Can anyone help me in this context....  It is a general query i think so. i.e., A basic programmer's task for defining a function for my requirement.           I think,                if I want to add a Button onto the stage at 100,100 pixel position and the button component's width and height are 50,50 respectively, (i.e., button.X=button.Y=100 && button.width=button.height=50).

So, a button must be placed at 100,100,             then, the sample code looks like this:

Button <btn_instance> = new Button();     //creates Button instance

<btn_instance>.addComponent(50,50,100,100);// properties of button.

I hope someone will help me.

Thanks in advance..

Srihari.Ch

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(OTTOMH) you could have a function similar to:

function placeComponent( container:DisplayObjectContainer, component:UIComponent, w:int, h:int, xpos:int, ypos:int ):void

{

container.addChild( component );

component.move( xpos, ypos );

component.setSize( w, h );

}

called with:

var b:Button = new Button();

placeComponent( this, b, 100, 20, 200, 200 );

You were alost there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One problem you may find is that you can't add a component that isn't in the library, so your swf would need to include every kind of component you might add later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines