• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP I cannot type 'quote' marks in script window

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook pro and for somw onknown reqson I simply can not type any ' " ' " of the quote marks into the script window when trying to declare a string().  It is like the key just does not work.  It is very irritating as I am using strings all the time and have to copy and paste the quote marks in.  

Has anybody else had this, or does anyone know how to fix it?

I have tried looking in the script settings and also my keyboard setting (US international) on the macbook.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the typos in that last post it looks like I cannot use a keyboard at all 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using the escape symbol (backslash \ ) to use a quote.  for example:

this.textfield1.text = "  \"now is the time for all.. \"  ";  // the space after and before the initial and last quote is for forum clarity, but is not necessary (and usually not desirable) for your display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The U.S. International - PC keyboard can cause the problem you are seeing. Would you be able to use the U.S. keyboard? It may mean you need to do special keypresses to get certain characters, instead of having those keys immediately available. The keyboard menu can be added to the menubar of Mac, so worst case you could switch to U.S. when scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines