Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hoping to change settings on an mp4 so it renders better in YouTube

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was trying to do a quick and dirty screen capture of a new tool our software is developing to show some folks. It doesn't have to be top-notch - it's more that I needed a quick turn-around. I got a decent enough screen capture just using the built-in gamer's screen capture tool that comes with Windows 10. I used the mp4 in a Power Point presentation and it was FINE. 

But then I tried to upload it to YouTube so we could send the URL around to prospective customers. The resolution was horrible! Not a good rendering at all. I figured that the resolution needed tweaking. I am NOT good with this part of things - thought probably Premiere Pro might be a better tool for it, but I know Animate a BIT better so I started there. 

Big mistake #1: I updated my version of Animate before I started. Now I see that the Import settings are all different from the last time I did this kind of project. I am LOST. Not even sure where to start to figure out how to turn this mp4 into a decent rendering on YouTube. Animate may not even be the best tool, but I've always really like this Forum so I thought I'd at least start here. 

Any tips? I'd like to be able to use this mp4 rather than redo the screencast again. But how to I get this mp4 to look decent on YouTube?

Thanks in advance,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not following your train of logic at all. What exactly do you think you can do to your video file in Animate, or Premiere, or anything? It already has as much quality as it can. If you want a higher-quality video, you'll have to record it again at a higher resolution and/or bitrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My logic may not be right. But I know in the past, I've published Animate movies with different settings and it's made a huge difference in the quality of the You Tube video. I've been told that everything has to match, i.e., the publish settings in Animate have to match whatever YouTube requires. The movies I'm talking about have had mp4s in them - that's where the quality was bad (based on the settings I chose when I published it in Animate). The only difference this time is that the ONLY thing I have in the Animate video is the mp4. That's all I need. But that's the logic I was using - i.e., that it had worked in the past when I've had larger movies with both animations and mp4s.

My mp4 plays FINE by itself - and it played fine when embedded in a PowerPoint slide. So I really don't think the problem is with the mp4. But for some reason, when I uploaded it to You Tube, it looked horrible. Are there setting for uploading to YouTube that I might need to set?

I honestly can't figure out what's going on here. I'm not a video person. So I'm open to any solutions you might have - in Animate or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, duh. I did some more Googling and it turns out that YouTube ALWAYS produces low-quality videos when you first upload them. Turns out I hadn't completed the upload process so even though I already had the YouTube URL, it was for what is essentially a draft mode. I went ahead and polished it and it looks FINE now. Thanks for trying to help me problem-solve this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well then that's GOOD that your VIDEO is looking FINE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines