• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make an object "fade in" in Adobe Animate CC 2109?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make an object fade in in Adobe Animate and nothing I'm trying works. If I change the alpha value to 0 it changes to that same value along the timeline. I've made it a symbol and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what type of object and what aspect of the object you are attempting to enact opacity change upon. Are you using multiple keyframes? What kind of tween? et cetea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've pulled an outlined logo from Illustrator in. To be honest, I'm a rookie at this and I've tried everything I can find on the internet. I really need a step-by-step on how to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the FLA file here? If not - host it on DropBox or Google Drive or something and I can give a peek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't. I'm freelancing and I can't disclose materials that aren't mine. I think maybe it would help if I watch some more training on "Symbols"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had success by turning my object into a movie clip by selecting it and pressing F8, then selecting movie clip from the menu. After that, go to the Properties tab > Object > Color Effects and select Alpha. Set the slider to 0% . Move down the time line to where you want your object to fade in, press F6 to duplicate your movie clip. Right click anywhere between the two frames and select Create Motion Tween. Select the duplicated movie clip frame and raise it's alpha slider to 100%. This should do what you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PinnacleGames just want you to know how much I appreciate your answer. I am new to using Animate and was able to follow your direction to achieve what I needed.  As a newbie to Animate (while familiar with AI & PS) I am still learning the lingo of this world and your basic description was very helpful.  F8 didn't seem to work on my iMac, but I got to where I needed with other steps.  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your symbol has parts or more than one layer with objects, applying the alpha will uncover those layers, resulting in an unhelpful fade-out. In this video I show how to fix it.

https://youtu.be/TOaUtHzM_jM

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I just wanted to let you know this was a huge help and saved me hours of trying to figure this out on my own! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fast, clear, easy solution. Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you should upgrade too 21.0.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines